Friday 10 May 2013

Day 9 - a moment in your day


June 28, 2006

Of course you all know, my mom and I live FAR away from each other, so I have to use this picture to talk about my moment in my day. Actually it was 1 hour and 57 moments minutes. I had the chance to talk to my mom this morning and it was so great. I talk to her every week and we BBM every day, but it was just such a nice call. Lots of laughter and the knowledge that we both cherish this "moment" in our day. I can always depend on my mom to give me "the straight goods" and today was no different. I appreciate my mom and respect her all the more for saying it like it is. I know to the bottom of my soul that my mom always has my back and that she will always stand beside me. What I 'appreciate', which is very different from 'know', is that my mom is willing to take the chance that my feelings may be hurt, in order to do what she knows is right. Amazingly enough - because I have thought about this not only with my head, but my heart - I am never hurt by my mom. In fact, I appreciate, cherish and respect her more for what she does for me.

So Mom, you were my "moment" today. And it was the best. Thanks for being you. I love that.

1 comment:

Denis & Irene said...

Wow! Thank you so much. I always look forward to our weekly "moments". You are very easy to give the "straight goods" to as you never take it in a negative manner. I always have your back and always will. Moms just do that and their children are always their children. Moms give "direction" no matter what the age of their children. When I was visiting my mom just days before she died, she didn't care for my lower cut top and kept pulling up the front of it. That just shows you that moms will give their opinion right until the end.

Congratulations to our Emma. Her solo took first, a gold medal, a beautiful trophy and a cheque. Her two group dances took gold medals. Today is the jazz event. It's fun looking after Avery through all this as we just go to see the performance of everyone in the groups she's competing against, wait for the adjudication and then leave to do something fun. Then back we go again...and again. It's a busy time for the moms of the competitors with hair changes and costume changes but I get the best job, Avery.

Have a wonderful Mother's Day Shirley. With Shannon posting everyday I'll be able to wish it again tomorrow. We're meeting with friends for a Mother's Day lunch and then getting the motor home ready for an early Monday morning service appointment.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

Love to all

PS I love that photo of us Shannon