Friday 24 May 2013

Day 23 - Dear Kelly

Dear Kelly,

While I don't often hear from you, your comment to yesterday's blog post made me laugh so much I had to reply. I do recall your one and only tattoo. I remember us taking you and if I am not mistaken, you swore you would never get another. Funny how things change, isn't it? I remember that being a great day.

Ambigram tattoos are great. Craig and I each have one, although mine is not near as manly as the one Craig has down his forearm - which I love!. While I like mine, it is certainly not my favorite. I think that getting ambigrams with J and C's names would be awesome. If you're thinking of each other, sorry, can't help there as we will never do that!

As for me, I am coveting a bouquet of flowers on the top of my shoulder - nothing too risquee - haha. Craig has a dragon and penny idea he is ruminating on. Not sure if he means the coin or Penny from Big.Bang.Theory. I might like the idea more if it's the girl. Can't you see Craig with a pin-up on his bicep? Not sure where the dragon would come in, and to be honest I don't want to know.

This will be the first time that we don't get 'matching' tattoos and it's kind of weird. I tried to convince him but he is completely opposed to getting flowers. Weird. I thought I would get the boy's birth flowers but once I learned they were roses and chrysanthemums I vetoed that idea. Now working on a mix of others.

All I can tell you is NEVER go somewhere you can be a walk-in (trust us). Research your artist. GENERALLY the longer you have to wait, or the more you have to spend, the better the artist. If he/she is drinking Redbull and smoking cigarettes at 9am, you might want to check and see how shaky they are. Lastly - LOVE  what you get.

Good luck - can't wait to see what you guys come up with. Oh, and if our guys are any indication, if you can find a really creepy parlour that's playing JackAss over and over, the kids will beg to come with you.  True story!

Love Ya,
S

2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

Once again - saving our comments:)

Denis & Irene said...

Haha! Us too, Shirley!