Wednesday 22 May 2013

Day 21 - Currently...

Currently...

Enjoying these three days I have my baby home with me and all to myself
Loving the weather
Excited at having gotten the front entry cleaned and dumped of all the shoes
Loving the book Sterling gave me for Mother's Day
Mourning the almost end of tulip season. May have to buy myself one more bunch...
Loving that my creative juices are returning and a brilliant project idea came to me today
Shocked that Kaedo will be 14 in just over a month and be graduating from elementary school the same day
At peace about being at home and enjoying this opportunity
Semi-nervous about MRI next week - maybe there really is no brain in there ;)
Hoping to have a movie marathon weekend Chris.Pine and The.Rock - need I say more?
Wishing for all white walls - and since I am a terrible painter I am at Craig's mercy. Which means no white walls. boo
Drinking everything with ice and loving it

Thinking of everyone who reads and thanking you for coming back every day!

2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

Hi again Shannon - wow - day 21 and still going - YAHOO! Love it! Also loving the weather although wishing it wouldn't be quite so windy.
Where did all your shoes go? Last Christmas our Church had a "donate shoes for people who don't have shoes" and you should have seen how many pairs of shoes we got - you probably could have contributed - right!
Wishing you all the best with your MRI next week and there is totally a brain in there and working quite fine:)
Funny you mentioning wishing for white walls - just this morning Stan & I were talking about how badly our bedroom and the kitchen need painting. He's using our good paint in his garage! and I told him, our walls need it worse. I love my white walls (throughout all the house EXCEPT the bathroom freshly done last year in a beigy/green?) and Stan said he thinks we should be painting them some other color!!!! I also hate painting so I'm also at Stan's mercy which means if we ever get at painting our bedroom walls and kitchen, it may be changed:(
Just got home awhile ago from visiting with mom and I really feel she's getting worse mind wise. She wasn't in a very good mood when we got there but after visiting and having a treat, she got happier. We mentioned at the Family meeting last week that if a room closer to the dining room came available, we would really like for mom to be moved. Today when we arrived, they told us they have a room much, much closer if we'd like to take a look. It is smaller but that doesn't matter - it will be much easier on mom's knees. When I mentioned that mom wasn't in a very good mood today, Megan (our helper) said - there's a full moon coming up! I totally believe that it affects many people and should mark it on my calendar to keep in mind when we go to visit mom, a week before the full moon.
Hope everyone had a great day - BIG HUGS TO ALL!

Denis & Irene said...

Sorry the battery went out on the phone boys, we'll try again tomorrow. At least we got some talking done.

Glad you're loving your weather, it's raining here, but not cold. Hope you got rid of a lot of shoes and not just put them in a neater row??? Some of them looked like Elton John would wear... that old, I mean, not stylish. You are a collector, I know. Glad your MRI is coming up so quickly, all will be good. The brain will show up..maybe. Always loved white walls, not stark white but creamy white. Not a hope of painting here, no paint surfaces. Must be wonderful to feel your creative juices flowing again and loads of luck with your project.

Walked around the lake twice this morning, then lunch with Jan, laundry, and friends coming by for drinks after supper. Hockey game tonight, go Sens.

Love to all