Wednesday 8 May 2013

Day 7 - what scares me most!

Hmmm-

Well I guess the number one thing would be the boys learning to drive or driving without us. Sterling was so thrilled on Saturday when he came home and told me that he had driven the car and had done GREAT that I almost cried. Then I beat Craig with a wooden spoon. :) I am petrified that I will never sleep again after they get their licences. Sterling starts the process in November. He has already advised me that he will not be going to school that day as he "must go get his licence". Oh man.

What else scares me? Moths. God I hate those hairy bastards. They have no fear, and they can wait you out like nobody's business. They just love to hang around your screen door waiting for you to make one false move and let them in, where their in-body GPS system will automatically send them to my room and my side of the bed. I can't stand them!

Girls - while I know the boys are getting to the age where they are going to start getting interested in girls (who are we kidding, Kaedo already is), but I'm just waiting for the day when they leave all their brain cells at home all the while following around some ditzy girl who is going to ruin the next year of their life and I am going to have to a) pick up all the pieces and b) learn voodoo so I can put a hex on her.

So ya, I'm sure there a million more, but there are my top 3!


2 comments:

Denis & Irene said...

Lol! That is too funny! Good for you Sterling, and Craig. Sterling, I think you have always had the natural ability for driving a vehicle, any vehicle. I remember the little Jeep that you guys had and how well you got through the fence opening without ever slowing down. I remember going somewhere in your neck of the woods and you sat on my knee and steered while I pressed the gas pedal. You steered really well but were too small to reach the pedal so we drove together. Such great memories.

Spiders do for me what moths do for you, although I don't like them either.

Girls get hurt also. I remember both you and Jessica having your hearts broken a few times. It doesn't matter if you're the parents of boys or girls, it is heartbreaking to watch them go through these life experiences. I never wanted to put a hex on any of the guys... just run them over with my car...drive, reverse, drive, reverse.

Hope everyone is having a great week.

Love to all

GrmpaGrmma said...

You two (Shannon & Irene) are so funny - I had a good laugh over the "GIRLS" comments!!! Guess with having boys Shannon - I probably had the same ideas you have but don't remember! Both our guys did good pickin! and I didn't even have to learn voodoo! Irene - your comment over boys is hilarious - I'm sure my dad had those same thoughts over his 5 girls.

I also don't like moths or spiders but what scares me the most are SNAKES! - small, medium, large - it just doesn't matter, I'm both scared and hate them with the same passion.

Okay - I can hardly believe that Sterling is learning to drive but I also do remember him driving the jeep in Airdrie. Hope mom and dad don't lose too many hairs or sleeps over Sterling driving and before you know it, Kaeden will be right behind him. You know that "OH SHIT" handle will come in quite handy!

Hope everyone had a great day - we spent the afternoon over at the Pioneer Lodge at their Spring Dance. Mom was in a wonderful mood and was ready to get up for every dance. It was a fun time together.

BIG HUGS TO ALL!