Friday 7 December 2007

On the 7th Day of Advent

my true love gave to me...
chocolate bars for breakfast
and a partridge in a pear tree

Sterling was up at 8 and Kaedo didn't get up until 9:45am. Sterling was so wound up. It was Kaedo's turn to open the box. Thank god it was chocolate. I think Sterling would have been disappointed with anything less considering his restraint.

Went to Costco today to pick up croutons, panetini and milk plus 11 other things I didn't know I needed. Go figure. There were a lot of people but it wasn't too crazy. Tell me if you have noticed the same thing...people are not too cheery and it is the season of joy. So many people just having to squish through, be first in line, shoving to get the last of something. I don't get it. I can say that I am finished my shopping aside for Kaedo and something small for Craig. Feels good. I've really thought about my gifts this year. My niece and nephew definitely made out best. It was fun shopping for them. Large presents are no surprise this year but it guarantees that everyone has gotten what they wanted. I sent Jessica her birthday card and she said, "thanks for the Lululemon GC" without having received the card yet! The nerve.

The boys have been talking continuously about snowboarding and Craig and I have assured them that we don't have the money for that this year. Boy are they going to be surprised! I can't wait to see their faces!

It will be a quiet Christmas for us. GG will come on the 23rd for our Christmas celebration. We will have our Christmas Fondue on Christmas Eve and will open jammies and maybe a game. Christmas morning will just be the four of us, possibly some sledding, and then the movies! Love that.
OK - why am I talking about this when Christmas is still 18 days away?

One last thing - the problem with being so on top of your Christmas shopping is that since everyone else is still shopping you (meaning I) feel you should be doing the same.

Will write tomorrow about advent calendar and what we have planned for the weekend.

talk later,
s

3 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

The boys must have had the day off today for Kaeden to have slept that late right!! Once they had their chocolate, they were ready to go. I agree with you Shannon - people are not too cheery and it is supposed to be the season of joy. I was thinking of the ones working in Walmart and I probably wouldn't be too cheery either thinking that as of the 14th of this month, it will be open 24 hours a day! The one girl said that one of the Walmarts that is open 24 hours are more busy at 3:00 a.m. than at 3:00 p.m. We were laughing saying we should go in some morning very early just to see what it's like.

WE'VE GOT A NEW FURNACE!!! Len's came this morning at 8:00 a.m. and are just finishing up now (4:30 p.m.) When I left this morning the house was at 18 degrees and when I got home it had gone down to 15 degrees!!!! Stan was sitting in the computer room with the door closed and the little electric heater going and it was nice and warm in there. I will have some cleaning up to do when they're all done but will get at it next week.

Our plans for tomorrow are to head up to Saskatoon to meet Kelly, Petrica and Jacob for a quick visit and shopping. I think we'll be doing alot of the visiting with Jacob while Kelly & Petrica do the shopping.

You mentioned that you will have a quiet Christmas together but your plans sound like alot of fun together and that's whats important. We will be having our Christmas morning get-together and do the Chinese gift exchange with who ever is around. Then everyone is planning to have their own Christmas supper - we'll just make sure that mom isn't left alone - maybe we'll all be fighting over where she should go!!

Well, guys are just leaving so I'm going to check stuff out - BIG HUGS TO ALL!!!

Denis & Irene said...

Glad the 7th day of Advent was a success. Kaed probably slept in just because he knew Sterling was waiting for him to open the box. Way to go, Kaedo!!

We went to Costco today also, bought more than was on my list but all were needed. I think I'm finished Christmas shopping but I won't know until I do an inventory. I started in January and have no idea who has what. Next week, we'll go through everything and figure out who needs more stocking stuffers. So glad the boys are wanting to snowboard, they will be surprised that's for sure.

I think our family Xmas will be on the 23rd at Susie's house. Haven't heard back from her yet, but it's always been a fun day. Checked out the lobster tails at Costco today for Christmas Eve dinner, they are huge, must be on steroids.. not as expensive as in years past. Lobster for Ken and I, King Crab for Jessica and oysters for Denis. Always a good feed. Xmas day will be spent with Jessica, Ken, Emma and Alyssa. It's always fun when there are a couple of kids involved. We'll probably do a turkey for Xmas dinner just so we can have the sandwiches on Boxing day and soup the day after.

Happy cold spell!!

Love to all

Denis & Irene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.