Monday 3 December 2007

Oh Christmas Tree

Yesterday we decorated our tree and I think it is my favorite yet. We weeded out some of our dollar store ornaments and others that we didn't like and kept the really important ones. I thought I would show you some of them:

The boys made these with Jessica. I think there were 8 but now there are only 5 or six.

After realizing that Craig had no ornaments on the tree from when he was a kid (Shirley!), we thought he should make one. Here it is. It even says "Craig - 2007" inside.

I made this Mrs. Claus with a friend (Felicia Finnell) when I was in Elementary school. I think I was having a sleepover at her house.

Lovingly made by Kaeden.

Were they ever actually that small?

One of Craig's favorite ornaments. A garland made by Sterling. Don't know how old it is. 4 or 5 years would be my guess.

We have two of these angels. One has Kaedo's name and one has Sterling's name on it.


I made this at a neighbors birthday party in 1978??? Michelle Wilson, I think her name was. She was my first friend.

Craig's other favorite ornament. A wreath made by Kaeden. It sort of looks like a pissed of mutant or something in this picture.
Santa ornament that belonged to my uncle in the 1970's before he died. I'm the only one that puts these on the tree. There are 2 santas and two others but I can't explain them. Very special.

Another one of my fantastic creations. The pink glitter look a bit like nipples now that I am looking at this photo.




Sterling's year to put the angel on the tree. Sterling made the angel in either playschool or in daycare. He would have been around 4. That is probably the year we started putting up a tree.

You may be wondering why I have so many ornaments from when I was a kid and why Craig has none. When mom and dad became Gypsies they gave Jessica and I all our ornaments. Shirley just doesn't love Craig. If it's any consolation, she doesn't love Kelly, either.

We listened to Christmas music, put all our wrapped gifts under the tree and Craig and I did a craft. Yes, I know, pitiful. We kept the tree lit up until bedtime and it was nice. Now all I need is some Bailey's and hot chocolate.

talk later,

s

2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

Your Christmas tree looks beautiful! The angel on the top is beautiful Sterling and hope your mom keeps it long enough that she will give it back to you when you're married with children!! All your ornaments look great - Craig you did a good job on the ornament you put together. Shannon - I was telling one of the ladies at Curves this morning that I hadn't saved any Christmas ornaments that our boys had made and she has two boys that are the same age as Kelly & Craig and she said boys didn't make Christmas ornaments!!! Love it! While I was checking over my ornaments, I came across a little pair of white ceramic booties with blue string that we had bought when you brought Sterling to S.C. for his first Christmas and an ornament with his name on and 1st Christmas - I could send those to you as kind of a keepsake to make up for homemade ones that aren't meant to be. Oh and by the way - I do so love both Kelly and Craig and have many, many other saved jems, as you well know from last Christmas Shannon - getting a toy that Craig got for his first or second Christmas - old or what!! As I'm typing this, I've got Christmas carols on, all the Christmas lights inside and out and would also enjoy a bailey & coffee but it's only 6:50 p.m. and it would probably put me to sleep. We're planning on walking down to Fabutan for a tan tonight.

Didn't hear anything from Len's re: furnace so probably won't be tomorrow. Hopefully it will be this week but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Once again - congratulations Sterling & Kaeden on your report cards!! Keep up the good work and have fun at school.

BIG HUGS TO ALL!

Denis & Irene said...

Shirley, this must be the first time I outdid you in things saved from childhood. Those ornaments were probably the ONLY things that the girls have from when they were young. No bowling shirts, no toys, no nothin'. I feel sooo much better. See you Thursday, probably. Hope to make Weyburn Wednesday night. Will let you know for sure. Sorry about the non-committance, however, you never know if the car will break down too. We left the old motorhome in Nebraska or we never would have made it to see you.

Your tree looks great. The decorations really bring back soooo many memories. We're looking forward to doing the tree at Jessica's as we won't be doing one at our place. If we're ever "home" for Xmas, we will definitely decorate. When we were in Dallas, the park was totally decorated and people had all their decorations out on the picnic tables and around their parking pad. It looked very cool, however, it's hard to have the Xmas spirit when you're wearing short sleeves, no jacket.

Congratulations boys on your report cards. Where are the school photos? Both of you told me that they had to do re-takes, how could that be?? The photographer mustn't have been very good if he didn't capture your perfect faces.

Love to all