Wednesday 26 December 2007

Christmas 2007

Hello All -
A day late but I figure you were all to busy to check the blog yesterday. Except maybe for my mom, who being the amazing woman she is, checks daily. Here are some photos from our Christmas. I apologize that they may be a little blurry. I had my NEW CAMERA on the wrong setting. Damn me! So, our day started early. Kaedo was up at 6:30am. He went to Craig's side and asked if it was Christmas yet. Craig said, "not for another hour" and Kaed went back to bed until 7 when they couldn't contain themselves any longer. They opened their Santa gifts, then I made Christmas breakfast. After the smoke alarm going off, and me getting mad a Craig for opening the back door (since we were probably the only idiots up at that time) and my timing being off, as usual, we sat down to eat by 8am. By 8:45 (I think) the breakfast had been cleaned up and we were on to presents. The boys opened one at a time, except for their Snowboard stuff, which they opened all together. They had a wonderful morning and were blessed with wonderful gifts from everyone. Thank you.
Once they got their presents done and we got cleaned up (read - wrapping paper folded and put in stacks for recycling and cardboard broken down - we are so granola), we continued on. We have a tradition here that the boys open all their presents, then Craig and I open our gift from them and then they go off to play and we open ours at a more leisurely pace. It doesn't work for everyone but we like it. After that we watched Shrek 3 - I slept in the chair as they watched - then just hung out until 3:15, and went to the movies - National Treasure. It was awesome! Perfect for kids. Perfect for adults. Non-stop thrill ride. Highly recommended! N & A would love it!
Came home after having Christmas dinner - fries and gravy for Kaedo and Craig, popcorn for Sterling and I. Hung out and got the kids to bed about 9pm. Sorry the photos aren't in order. It is backwards when you do it on the blog and I screwed up.

Puzzle from Amma and Baba for Snowboarding lessons

Kaedo with all his gifts (this one's for you, Shirley)
Sterling with his gifts (ditto above, Shirley)

Sterling rockin' the headband
Kaed too, ugh, rocking the headband
Movies that they received
Sterling's face when he saw the boards coming up. Kaedo in his own world, as usual.

Sterling's balls
Sterling's boobs, uh, balls
Kaedo's death traps, uh, heeleys

One of my fave pix of Sterling. He is gorgeous!
My beautiful boy and more dollys. He loves them!
Kaedo hugging Sterling for the Leafs hat he got him.
Sterling returning the favor for the art set he got.
Well, that's all. Am going to take some video of Sterling bowling tomorrow with my new CAMERA. It has wicked video. Got some of Kaedo heeleing (?) and I will get Craig to post them both, maybe tomorrow.
A Big Happy Birthday to JESSICA tomorrow. You don't look a day over 34!
talk later,
s




2 comments:

Denis & Irene said...

Wonderful photos! How couldn't they be when the subjects are soooo good lookin'. Glad you are pleased with your snowboarding lessons and equipment. We know you'll have a wonderful time learning this awesome snow sport.

Your bowling balls look awesome, Sterling. Even with the boobs, you don't look like a woman, just a really cute guy.

I hope you had a lot of fun with the heelys, Kaed. Be very careful when you're wearing them.

We haven't been to the movies but did a pay-per-vue last night, Oceans 13. Jessica and Ken had rented movies but their DVD player didn't co-operate. They bought a new one today so we'll be watching Bourne Ultimatum (I think that's the name). They put it on Closed Caption so the deaf old lady could hear (see) it. I personally think they are all deaf and put it on that for their benefit also, just don't want to admit to it.

Denis and Ken spent the day in the garage putting up cupboards. I've seen uglier cupboards in some kitchens. They look really good. There are top ones and the bottom ones will have a counter top, just like a kitchen. The garage will be ready for tenants before you know it.

Jessica's birthday tomorrow so it will be linguine and clam sauce, the family favorite, for dinner. The cake is made and has been removed from the freezer. On the 28th, Denis & I will go to Calgary to visit my mom. It will be the last time we go before we leave for the deep south. Jessica and Ken leave on the 29th and we don't want to be on a long road trip with Emma, just toooo much responsibility. It's a six hour turnaround from Mom's, so it's a long journey for her. Having said that, she is a great traveller, just watches her movies and doesn't make a peep.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.

Love to all

GrmpaGrmma said...

Thanks for all the photos!!! When I look back on what Kelly & Craig got for their Christmas gifts - you guys rock!! I'm sure they'll have a ball with everything.

Thanks for calling tonight Craig. I got two pills in me now and one more before bedtime so hopefully will feel better in the morning. I told the doctor this morning that I had a headache, ears hurt, throat hurt and chest hurt! He just said I have deep larengitis and pointed down towards my chest. I go to my own doctor on January 8 for a complete medical so if I'm not feeling better by then, he'll fix me!

Have a wonderful holiday Ken & Jessica and birthday greetings Jessica from Stan & I. Denis & Irene - have fun with Emma! We're thoroughly enjoying having Jacob here with us - they would have lots of fun together.

BIG HUGS TO EVERYONE!