Monday 1 October 2007

100th post

Today is the 100th post. Can you believe it? You've read this shit 100 times. Sucks to be you.
All is well here. Monday is always a frantic day of trying to get organized and see what is on the homework schedule for the week. TKD for Kaed today and Sterling had the rare occasion to play out with our next door neighbors. They had such fun. The neighbors were dressed up in their Halloween costumes and looked so damn cute. Speaking of Halloween. We are still trying to decide if we are doing the whole trick or treating thing or if we might head out to dinner and a movie instead. Kaed is the lone hold back, so we'll see what happens. I might have to sweeten the pot so we can get out of the whole stupid thing.
Pretty busy week this week. I was in Markham today and Kaed was at TKD. Tomorrow he may go as well as Wed and Thurs are a no go for us. Sterling is anxious for tennis to start on Friday and is loving bowling and will be doing that on Saturday. I think swimming is off this weekend for Thanksgiving but I'm not certain. 4 day weekend this week. Friday is the first of many PA days and Monday is Thanksgiving. This will be the first time in 3 years I have been here at Thanksgiving as I am always travelling. We might have to celebrate by having hot dogs for supper. Actually, we have been invited to some friend's house for dinner, so we'll see.

Well, that's it.
s

5 comments:

Denis & Irene said...

I used to think that people who copped out of Halloween were real witches (with a B) AND I STILL DO. How could you even think of such a thing, even if it is appealing??? Where is your spirit?? When are you giving up Christmas and your birthday??? For shame!!!

GrmpaGrmma said...

Sorry Irene - I agree with Shannon - I've never been much of a Halloween person so it wouldn't bother me a bit if they cancelled it! It seems like a long way off till then but I guess if you have to have costumes, treats etc., it's not that far away. We usually buy treats that we like because we don't get many kids and then we eat them ourselves!

Your week sounds busy as usual and I know you're always so organized that nothing is ever forgotten. I decided to take some time for myself and make appointments for this week so I have a dental appt. on Wednesday and an optomotrist appt. on Thursday. Next will be the complete medical thing which I never look forward to but must get done. I'm working for Cyndi Tasche on Wednesday morning getting things ready for their Lethbridge "Fall Into Christmas" show and Medicine Hat one as well. Leonard will probably be calling Stan to help one day this week so we just seem to keep going. Stan's raked 12 bags of leaves so far - anyone needing them for pumpkin bags!!

Hi to all and big hugs as well!

Jessica said...

I'll be the tie breaker and say that Halloween is an important childhood ritual. When else do you get to dress up and get candy for free? I'll come out and Emma and I will trick or treat with Kaeden while scrooge, scrooge and scrooge go to dinner and a movie.

Jessica said...

P.S. Congratulations on your 100th post. I love this blog!!! Still need more pics of cute little blond dictators.

Craig said...

Can I still weigh in on the issue? I think that Halloween is a very fun time for young kids and it is very cute to see them dressed up, but there comes a time when kids start to get a little old for it and I think that time is when they both want to dress up in some 'death' related costume (our kids for example). In our defense in the last three years we have had less than 30 kids come to our door and about 70% of those were too old to trick or treat and hardly even dressed up. There is no reason for kids in their mid teens to need to go out and get candy. Of course we'll still do up special treat bags for the neighbors kids and we've already bought a box of candy for our kids to eat (don't have to worry about peanuts that way). We'll also probably go to the pumpkin patch and get pumpkins to carve as it is becoming a tradition, but in all seriousness, is 3 hours of handing out candy to 'teenagers' the best use of time? We would probably even be around for those kids who actually venture out early enough, which are usually the young kids wearing cute costumes, but if I have a vote, I'd rather not stay home to listen to the dog freak out every time the doorbell rings, only to have some older kid complain about the candy we are giving out. I'll get off my soapbox now :)