Tuesday 2 October 2007

little blond dictators




An email from Jessica I received last night - (hope you don't mind!) I figure we actually needed proof of the dictatorship. I have come to call her Minimonster.

Well, tonight it happened. I had hoped it would take a little longer, but no, tonight was the night. Within two minutes of putting Emma in her playpen, before even leaving the room and turning off the light, she climbed out. Finally, after some abuse from her mom, she decided to stay in but take everything out of her playpen, including the mattress. I put her on the bed while I remade the playpen and she said she was going to sleep on the bed. She is still there, not quite asleep, but she hasn't climbed (or fallen) off. I guess we'll try this and see what happens.

Hmmm - so does that mean you are sleeping in the playpen, Jessica - or has it gotten that far yet?

s

3 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

What a beautiful little girl!!! Ken's going to have his hands full when she grows up!! I laughed about the playpen Jessica and was thinking at least she's stopped "stripping"! HAVE FUN!!

Went to Line Dancing this morning - lots of fun - coffee after and now home to get in the mood for putting summer stuff away on the deck. Not looking forward to it but would like to get it done before we head to Kelly & Petrica's for Thanksgiving. I'll maybe get started after mom's drops are done and lunch - well maybe!

Stan's over at Leonard's helping him with siding. He's hoping to get it all up before snow flies and don't laugh - they mentioned it on the weather last night, possible snow for the weekend. They also said if it did snow, it would probably melt as it was coming down.

Hope you're all having a great day!
BIG HUGS TO ALL.

Shirley/Mom/Gramma

Jessica said...

It amazes me how much I hate that bottom picture of Emma. It's one of those pictures that remind me of a certain picture I have always mocked you about, Shannon. There should be a caption at the bottom saying "I'm Emma and I was oxygen deprived at birth" or "I'm Emma and my mom gives me herbal cigarettes". It's just sad that you continue to post such a terrible picture of such a perfect child.

Denis & Irene said...

Actually, the bottom picture looks like Em is deep in thought plotting how much it will take to get to sleep in mom's bed. Obviously, not a lot. She is toooo cute, not that I'm biased.

We are really blessed with great looking grandchildren, aren't we Shirley?

Went on the Fundy Coastal Drive today. What lovely scenery even though the Bay of Fundy is very brown due to the sediment not being able to settle fast enough. It has the highest tides in the world, that's incredible. We saw lots of wonderful sights and visited many wonders. Tomorrow we are doing the Acadian Coastal Drive from Moncton to Mirimichi provided the weather stays good. Not much to see on the coastal roads when it's pouring with rain and misty. The weather has been great and warmer today than it's been in weeks. We were supposed to go to Fredricton today, maybe by Thursday.

Love to all