Monday 15 October 2007

almost time

We are mere minutes away from mom and dad arriving. Can't wait. I hope to spend lots of time with them but know they have a lot of people to see here, so we'll see if they can spare a minute or two. They boys are SO excited! I think Sterling's words this morning were, "I am assuming that amma and baba will be picking us up. hmmmm. Yes my darling boy - they will be there. It is going to be hard to not give up some of our usual routines but they are here for two weeks so we are bound and determined to stick with it. Kaedo has told me that he is NOT going to TKD tonight. I guess we'll do three in a row. So much for being determined.
Craig is working late tonight and doesn't expect to get in until about 11pm. Sterling starts basketball tomorrow night - Kelly, I know you are loving that!
they are here....see ya

2 comments:

Jessica said...

It's so nice to finally be the first person to comment on a blog entry. I would like to start by saying that I garner much satisfaction knowing anyone else wishing to leave a comment will get an eyeful of mine first. I would like to add that I am just a little jealous of the two week long free babysitting service you will be enjoying. When the parental unit finally graces my doorway I am going to take the tires off their car. We'll see how far they get.

In other news, have a great time at basketball Sterling. Remember, it's the coaches job to coach and your job to have fun so ignore all those idiots who yell what to do from the sidelines. Parents should have to remove their vocal chords prior to entering any childrens sporting event. Did I mention that I attended Jordy's soccer game on Sunday. Keep up the good work in TKD Kaedo. Don't let those reckless grandparents sway your desire to turn your body into a fighting machine. I need you ready to put Emma in line when we show up. Love to all.

Denis & Irene said...

Well, after reading all these blogs, and not in chronological order, it's nice to know that we are welcome in both your homes. There is a slight undertone of maybe you'll require a tiny bit of grandparenting skills but that we are free to come and go as we please. Are there buses in Medicine Hat? And do they come within a mile of your house?

We feel so blessed that we are able to do virtually anything we wish with our grandchildren. Our children know we would never abuse that privilege. Grandchildren are the spark that is put into your life after your children have left home and started their own lives and you feel a loneliness that only comes from being a parent who enjoyed their role. I feel such heartache for the grandparents who, through no fault of their own, lose contact with their grandchildren. I used to tell you that you had no idea how a mother feels until you're a mother yourself, ditto for a grandparent. Grandchildren definitely bring a indescribable joy into your life. THank you so much for sharing your most precious children with us. I just know that the Klassen grandparents feel that joy also, right Stan and Shirley?