Sunday 21 October 2007

Dear mom and dad

I'm so glad you are here. It is so good to see you. Even after all these years of living apart I still miss seeing you regularly. We have had a great time together this week. I have enjoyed our mornings together and it is so good to hear all about your travels. You have seen and learned so much and it makes me smile to see how bright your eyes become when you are reliving one of your many adventures. I hope I am as adventurous as you when I grow up.
The week has gone fast, don't you think? Mom, you have settled nicely into looking after a family. The meals have been delicious and from the bottom of our hearts we thank you for the laundry duty. Dad - I remember you shuttling me back and forth when I was a kid - now you have stepped right back into that role with the boys.

The boys are loving having you here. They love to be with you and are looking forward to spending some "my mom and dad aren't with us" time with you today.

You could have begged off all week but you didn't - You attended all the activities you could, cheered them on and let them know how much you care. Thank you for that.

I probably haven't said it enough but I love you and am so happy to have you here. Thanks for coming, thanks for staying more than 3 days and thanks for being my mom and dad.


love you,

s


PS - mom, can you stock the deep freeze with ready made meals before you leave?

2 comments:

Jessica said...

That picture is wonderful. I look forward to seeing everyone and look forward to having mom as MY personal chef and daddy as MY personal assistant. There are many projects that Ken and Slick came up with last night that Daddy would be perfect for. I have to remember to keep Ken and Slick apart. Slick paid for dinner but I'm going to be paying big-time because of the conversation. Too many ideas...too much garage.

Denis & Irene said...

It really is wonderful to be wanted by your adult children. I never mind cooking meals or doing laundry as it's so easy to do when you haven't had to put in a day at the office. I could never come for a visit without having a job jar. I like to know what you least like to do and then I love to do it. Shannon, the cooking is a pleasure..Craig, I've never seen so much laundry in my life. I'm so happy we can help out while we're here. Attending the boys activities is a bonus even though we may not attend them all (someone has to cook and wash clothes). The best part of visiting both of you (Shannon and Jessica)is that we never feel that we're visiting. Your routines pretty much stay the same and we are just here. It really makes us feel part of the family and not just visitors. Craig and Ken put up with us very graciously, I know it's not the same when it's your out-laws visiting. Craig and Denis will attempt to put in a garburator today while Shannon and I go to a show. Kaeden is going to a birthday party. Sterling will decide whether he wants to go to see "Elizabeth" or stay home and open the beer for the guys. Happy Sunday