Friday 19 October 2007

pumpkins

Hello All -
Thursday?? Ya, it's Thursday. This week has been a blur. Mom and dad are still here. They haven't decided to pack it in yet. Thank god.
Just thought I would post some of the pix from our pumpkin picking on Saturday. As most of you know, we have virtually no traditions. The boys alternate putting the angel on the top of the tree, we go to the movies on Christmas day, and we always go pumpkin picking. This is one of my most favorite adventures of the year. Having never gone picking as a child I am enthralled with the pumpkin patches and how they look. It took us some time, but we found a pumpkin farm we love. It is called Pingles, and it isn't to far from us. They have a few different things there. You can pay a fee and go into a corn maze, to pumpkin slingshots etc, or you can go to the pumpkin side and pick what you want. They have a little store and a wonderful smelling bakery too. So, off we went, looking at the pumpkins they had pulled from the patch and decided to sit among them to get the official photo.
We walked down into the patch with our trusty wheelbarrow and proceeded to scour the ground for the perfect pumpkins.





We picked tons of cool pumpkins. We returned to the "sales area" and picked mini pumpkins, ghourds, and indian corn. We also picked up some hay as I had big plans for a display in front of the house. On our way up from the field Sterling noticed the strawberries. He really wanted to pick some. I thought - what the heck. So I went and got a basket and was told that you pay by the lb or whatever. I was a little nervous as I didn't know how much strawberries cost. So, we picked and picked and eventually I said, "enough". We had barely covered the bottom of the basket. I was worried it would cost me $10. When I got to the till to pay, the girl sort of looked at me funny and said, ".59$". So much for worrying.

Well, that's about it. We had a wonderful time, got soaked and smiled and laughed and loved being together. It was great. I can't wait until next year!
Happy Fall everyone,
talk soon,
s

3 comments:

Jessica said...

What fabulous pictures! I would love to go there and take some pictures of Emma with the pumpkins (read: Shannon or Mom takes pictures because my child closes her eyes everytime she sees a camera in my hand.) It looks totally cool. I'll have to see if there is a pumpkin patch in driving distance of Medicine Hat next year. Only 11 days till I'm out crowding your house even more. Can't wait!!!

KPJC said...

Hey Shan,
Great pics of the pumpkins. I would love to hear what kind of weird sense of humor my brother has - please send me his riddle. It has been a few days since I have found the time to skulk around the blogs - a lot of catching up to do when I log on to yours. Enjoy hearing what you are up to - hopefully you get to go to NY!!!!

Denis & Irene said...

Did you tell everyone that Denis got the answer to that "could be disgusting riddle". Craig kept telling me that he knew what I was thinking and kept laughing his head off. Such a pleasant son-in-law. Does he know me too well?