Tuesday 9 October 2007

is it monday?

Sure feels like it. Back to the work week and we have lots going on as usual. TKD tonight and tomorrow night, my regular Wednesday night out, a meeting on Thursday, tennis on Friday, Bowling and TKD on Saturday and bowling and swimming on Sunday. Fewf! The boys are just loving it! Sterling is starting Spanish at school in a couple of weeks, so he is thrilled about that. We are slowly getting away from TV at home and my goal is for the boys not to watch any TV during the week. They are averaging about 30 - 45 mins a night right now. Craig is a TV a holic so there is no saving him. I actually sat down and watched three shows we had taped last night. It was good but I think I've filled my quota for the next couple of weeks. Reading a good book right now and feeling very creative so I would rather be doing that. The boys are doing good and had a great weekend. We were busy but had fun and the boys were in bed at 7:30 last night. Notice how I didn't say asleep? Everyone was tired this morning. I got up at my regular time - 8:15 and got my shower and dressed. I woke the boys at 8:30 and they finally slugged there way downstairs at 8:40. We have to leave for school at 8:55, so it is a good thing they are morning people and aren't dally-ers. That is why I am so obsessed about getting everything ready at night. There is no fighting, stressing, attitude in the morning and everything runs smoothly.

Mom and dad are arriving on Monday for 2 weeks. So looking forward to seeing them. Will be working but will also get a chance to spend time with them. Craig is looking forward to the home cooked meals - although in my defense I have been cooking at least five nights a week. On the 30th Jessica will be arriving with the Dictator and the boys are looking forward to playing with that little munchkin. I have already booked Ketch into the doggie hotel.

Well, I guess that is it. Hope you have a good Tuesday. Wish me luck with my taxi service. Did I mention that I'm having a meter installed in the truck this afternoon?

Later,
s

2 comments:

Denis & Irene said...

We are looking forward to being there also. I sure don't mind cooking the two nights you don't...actually I have a nice roast just waiting for your oven.

We look forward to seeing the Dictator and her mom also. Do you think she can handle Ketchup now that she's more than two? I'm sure you'd rather have him at home and we could probably straighten him out like Kaeden did. I think the little one can look after herself pretty good, may even give him a run for his money.

We are in Quebec City, how awesome. We needed about an hour to get comfortable with the way they drive. You make sure you don't piss off (sorry Shirley) a Quebec driver as they will go 200 miles out of their way to get you back. Stan, you'd love it here. The only ones that don't tailgate are the tourists. I've solved the problem, I tilted my rearview so that I couldn't see what was going on behind me. There were street racers today that passed us at 140 km. an hour in bumper to bumper traffic, three lane highway and they were cutting in and out of every car in every lane. Very nerve wracking until they were far enough ahead so that if they crashed you have time to brake. The driving is so unlike anything we've experienced since we left here 35 years ago. The government has many, many signs telling people to back off and drive courteously and how much penalty they will get if they cause an accident. The signs are all in French and very chatty, it takes time to translate and by the time you do, there's another sign. Even the simplest sentence takes a paragraph in French, you're so busy reading you miss your exit. Can't wait to go to Old Quebec tomorrow, didn't get there today as we arrived in Quebec around 1 pm and had loads of laundry, shopping, drudgery, etc. Tomorrow, I'm up at dawn and on the road.

Love to all

GrmpaGrmma said...

First of all Shannon - good luck with your taxi service!! Also, good luck with your T.V. plan - hope it all goes well for you without too much hassle.

Safe travel Denis & Irene! Two weeks will go by very fast and you'll be in Courtice. It will be fun to have your whole family together for abit. Have fun!!

We got home safe and sound from P.A. this afternoon about 5:30 p.m. I started some wash, made a quick supper, got caught up on some e-mails and am now ready to go soak in the tub and hit the sack early. Hope my plan falls together!

Have a great week! HUGS TO ALL!!