Sunday 7 October 2007

Sterling and Dad's Night Out

Had a great night last night. On Thursday I received an e-mail at work that was sent to the project team of everyone who has been working on the Scotiabank/NHL partnership, that for every ones hard work, one of the Executives in charge of the deal procured an executive suite at the Air Canada Centre for the Leafs/Canadians game. There were nine sets of two tickets of which I was given a pair. The tough decision was who to take, and though I would have loved to have taken Shannon, logistically it wasn't going to happen. I decided it would be nice to take Sterling and have some one on one time. Kaeden was a little disappointed but came around with the promise of dinner and a movie with Mom and a souvenir from the game. Sterling had a great time and was extremely well behaved. He originally wanted to cheer for Montreal just to cheer against me but changed his mind once he got there. The seats were great and we had tons of food and drink and someone serving us (I'm telling you, that is the way to watch a hockey game). Sterling got into all the cheers and watched the whole game with interest. Toronto won in overtime and Sterling's only disappointment was that there wasn't a shootout. We took the train home and were entertained by some drunk guys giving commentary the whole way. Sterling thought they were just extremely funny until I later told him they were just extremely drunk, such innocence, though I gotta admit they were pretty entertaining. Got home at around 11:30 so needless to say we slept in but not to late as to go to swimming lessons today. Quiet day ahead so we may go bowling, Sterling is dying to see if I still have any game (don't know if I'm allowed to use that vernacular when talking about bowling, but I wanted to sound cool). I have included some pictures from last nights game.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!








2 comments:

Denis & Irene said...

It sounds like you both had an awesome time. The photos are great. Things like that are so special, something you remember forever as the opportunity to watch a game from box seats just makes it so much better.

I've been meaning to mention that there are so many Scotiabanks in the Maritimes. We never had to look for one, they were just there (unfortunately). I rarely pay user fees to another bank, (too cheap) so I'll wait a day until I find a Scotiabank. We never ran out of cash (just money).

Look forward to seeing everyone next week. I'll put some photos on the e-mail so that the boys can see the park we are staying in.

Biked again today, beautifully sunny but quite cool. Had a short sleeve T, long sleeved Bike shirt, Bike Vest and fleece. Only did about 25 km today, the wind was brutal. We had planned a loop but decided it would just be too cold by the time we got finished. Came back and got the car and did the loop with it. Much more civilized but not nearly as much fun or as exhilerating.

Love to all

GrmpaGrmma said...

GREAT PHOTOS CRAIG!!! I'm sure Sterling won't forget that evening for a long, long time. Nice talking to you all (except for Kaeden) on Thanksgiving day. We all have so much to be thankful for and on the top of my list is my family - whom dad and I are so proud of and can't seem to say it enough. All the things our sons do for and with their wives and sons are very special to hear and see. We love you all very much!! We had a wonderful Thanksgiving together with Kelly, Petrica and Jacob and Petrica's parents and brothers. It's a busy time for all but it was still fun to be together even if it for a short time. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and didn't eat too much! Love to all!