Sunday 30 June 2013

Day 2

So, it's day 2 and I'm not a puddle on the floor. The boys are having a great time - not that I've heard from them ;). Thankfully my mom is awesome with updates and has been sending BBM photos so Craig and I get to see our beauties. They are at the Grand.Canyon today. How cool is that? How many of their friends can say they've been to the Grand.Canyon? Hopefully they don't fall in. I can totally see them daring each other as to who will stand closest to the edge. Can you even do that? Stand close to the edge?

Mom tells me Sterling is only about an inch shorter than his Baba. What happened dad? You shrinking??? I can only imagine what mom and dad thought when they saw them at the baggage carousel. After of course thinking 'those are the two most beautiful boys we have ever seen'.

Yesterday I must admit I was a bit of a wreck. I didn't get to bed until after 3:30am and was up much too early. Craig was emotionally drained as well so it was a hard day. Letting your kids go away is much more fun for the kids than us. In saying that, we have been having a good time together. Not Disneyland fun, but fun.

Craig played football yesterday morning and I fought with the airline and restaurant we had dealt with on Friday. When he got home and told me he was going to take a shower, I thought 'ok, i'll just lie on the couch until he's done then we'll go do something'. Turns out I went upstairs at 4:50pm and he had gone back to bed and was still asleep. Did I mention he got home from football at 12:30? Haha. We obviously needed it.

The hope is to paint the interior of the house this summer. Who am I kidding, the goal is for Craig to paint the interior of the house this summer - I am truly the world's worst painter! The only minor glitch is the inability to  agree on a color and the fact that I think we should rent a sprayer. We have a lot of other chores that need to be done and we will slowly work on them. I realized last night that my kind, loving, gorgeous husband is a chauvinist (which works in my favor as he doesn't think I can do half the chores we put on the list). Oh and that he likes say "by the time I teach you, I will have been able to do it myself". I just told him that's what You.Tube is for.

1 comment:

Denis & Irene said...

They didn't fall in but mostly my having to nag the photographer that he didn't have to go to the edge to get a good photo. I remember being just like him years ago, couldn't get too close to the edge??? The signs say that the people who die at the Canyon are those who stand too close to the edge. There are few barricades, common sense rules how close you get.

Baba has shrunk 2 inches and Sterling looks just about even with him when they walk side by side.

Have fun with the chores

Love to all