Monday 1 July 2013

Week 40 and Day 3

I keep wondering if I can count how many days there are of this vacation and count them down, but I don't really want to a) know and  b)seem more pitiful than I really am. I haven't heard a word from the brats since they landed in Vegas and that's a good thing. Actually, a great thing.  When kids are homesick, they want to talk to their parents.And for the record, Craig and I are doing really well. I am doing much better than I thought! As mom has been keeping me in the loop with pictures and BBMs I know they had fun at the Grand.Canyon, loved the pool at the hotel, have shown Amma and Baba their mad wrestling skillz (although you'd think if she reads my blog she'd know they shouldn't - haha). I don't imagine it will be any different at gamma and grampa's house as all memories seem to indicate there was plenty of wrestling in Craig's childhood.

Today the brats are back in Vegas (baby) and are hitting up the pawn shop where the TV show Pawn.Stars is taped. That was something they really wanted to do. Craig and I are sure that Sterling will spend an hour looking around, won't be able to decide what to buy and go away with nothing, and Kaedo will pick out a knife in the first 5 minutes and that will be a done deal.

They are also headed to Freemont.Street which will shock and amaze them. I look forward to hearing their thoughts on that place. Mom wasn't sure about taking them but it was totally on Sterling's wish list. I don't know what they are up to tomorrow but will let you know when I do.

As for the important part of this post - Week 40, and the first travelling gnome picture of the season. The boys were at the Grand Canyon. Can you spot Gnomie?


Lastly, I forgot to wish a Happy 45th Anniversary to S and S. 
Hope you had a wonderful day and liked our singing. haha

1 comment:

Denis & Irene said...

We drove back from the Grand Canyon yesterday and went home for lunch.
We had a hoot at the pawn shop and saw the "real" Rick at Ricks Restorations. That was a thrill for both. We then cruised the strip, went to Mandalay Bay, Excaliber and Luxor. We then came home for supper and then headed to Sam's Town for their 8 pm show before heading to Freemont Street. We stayed there for 1-1/2 hours, I don't know if the boys were in shock or what, but they did enjoy it. We then cruised the "lit up" strip on the way home arriving just before midnight.

It was 48C here yesterday and 42C at midnight and our A/C isn't working. We expect the repairman momentarily so we can head to Hoover Dam and the Lake Mead boat trip before spending some time at Super Target and the Outlet Mall. Gawd, I hate shopping, but the a/c is wonderful. If our's doesn't get fixed today I'm sleeping outside tonight.

Happy belated Anniversary to the both of you, hope you had a super day.

Love to all