Friday 21 June 2013

Should I be Alarmed?

My young graduate has been invited to an After-Party. You 'heard' right. An After-freakin'-Party. We're not talking in a damp basement somewhere you need a secret password and knock, but OMG, can this be happening already?

Of course I said yes. Of course he's going. Of course I'm sitting outside for the whole time (just kidding). I know the family, although not well, and the daughter and Kaedo have been friends for years.

I spoke with the older sister this afternoon to confirm his attendance as well as ask if it may be OK for me to bring a cake in the hopes of a Happy Birthday Song along with all the grad festivities. The mom will call later and if it's a go, I will order it tomorrow.

He will be shocked and happy, I hope.

Such a wonderful day for him.

Did I mention the top of the invitation says:
" I say After, You say Party" sigh

1 comment:

Denis & Irene said...

After Party...your school absolutely dis-allowed them. Didn't we have the biggest one ever? Had to have been over 100 kids. It was a great time. We called it a birthday party, as it was your birthday, so they couldn't say a word. Love the invitation.

Check out the news, for once it isn't exaggerating. Calgary is a major flood zone. The Deerfoot is closed and all the bridges are closing. Downtown offices are closed until further notice, under water. The Saddledome had water up to the 14th row at noon and it is still pouring. The zoo is now a concern. Stampede park is totally flooded and Stampede is two weeks away. Lots of work to be done there to get ready.

We couldn't get to Banff to spread mom's ashes as the road is closed. We were able to finish off the estate but had to take bank drafts as they were only allowing $500 withdrawals. We had lunch and then I booted it back to Lethbridge because they will close Highway 2 this afternoon. I came home to Lethbridge to be told their computers would be down until Monday, all over southern Alberta. I asked how I was going to get the USD I'd ordered for tomorrow and they said they'd phone to confirm funds. I had to transfer electronically to ensure that there was enough in the USD account but I'm stuck with a deposit that I might not be able to make until Monday when I won't be here. I guess we'll figure something out with them tomorrow but it is a little frustrating as I wanted everything in place before I left. Having said that, how lucky we are to be able to move our home to dry ground and not lose it under eight feet of water. High River is quite unbelievable. There are rows of school buses with water to their windows. There was no warning there, so everyone was taken completely unawares. You really understand how lucky you are when you see stuff like that.

Rain is heading our way, again, so I better go and make sure the motor home hasn't floated away.

Love to all