Sunday 23 June 2013

Week 39 and other things


First thought I should start off with this great picture. The boys were heading out to the movies with Craig and we got the picture taken early. They look so cute. Can you believe that this is the last gnome picture from our edge of the world for 7 weeks? It's all on you guys now - you know who you are!

I thought I would also address my last post briefly as I have been thinking about my mom's comments and her no so subtle way of telling me to spaz down. I am sure Craig feels the same way she does and I know I can always count on her to knock me down should I need it. Mom - that is not meant to be mean spirited - you are right - completely, and I appreciate it when you speak your mind (which is always). It makes me think. While I stand by my vehemence of that post, I trust my boys - completely. They know what is right, what is acceptable and what we expect from them. I know they will make mistakes, but just don't want it to be those ones. Not yet. So, thanks mom, for making me think, re-read, ponder. I will spaz down. A little.

2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

Such a cooooool picture guys! We will have the gnome photo taken while they are away from home - maybe will need to make myself a note, but it will get done :D It is really hard to believe this is the last one taken on your front deck for 7 weeks!

We've had a good weekend - we took in the Windscape Festival yesterday afternoon for awhile. We've never gone "in" to the grounds before, just watched the kits flying from afar. It is very, very interesting and they have lots of entertainment and things for kids to do as well. It's been on for 4 days and the weather has cooperated totally.

This afternoon we met 3 other couples and went up to our Fair Grounds to the Tea House that is operating through summer to have pie & coffee. The guys were hungry for rhubarb pie but by the time we got there, it was all gone:( Stan got another one of his favorites - banana cream pie so he was happy. It is a beautiful afternoon here - +19, blue sky and wind which has made the Windscape Festival so happy!

Hope you all had a great weekend and this next week will go by so fast! Hope one special young fellow is up bright and early Tuesday morning for us to sing Happy Birthday to!

BIG HUGS TO ALL!

GrmpaGrmma said...

Forgot to check for spelling - we watched kites, not kits flying! It is quite a big deal and they have people coming from San Diego, Germany - people from all over come for this event.