Wednesday 26 June 2013

Grad

What a night! How about this for some absolute gorgeousness? Man oh Man!
Kaedo said he had the best time ever and that's what its all about. 
Mid-afternoon he hopped in the shower and started getting ready for the evening. He did his hair, put on his tux and we got a whole bunch of pictures. As you can see, his sunglasses were a huge part of the ensemble!

He was just so handsome and in a sea of friends who wore blue shirts and ties, he stood out and shined as he always does. We have a ton of pictures of him and his buddies, and him accepting his diploma but as there are other kids in those pictures, I won't be posting them here.

I think what I loved was that he did it his way - he wore his hi-tops, he wore his sunglasses (even when he got his diploma) and he just made it his night. That's what we wanted for him.

While going through his camera this morning, there are a bunch of "selfies" of him with his friends, and I know those will bring him such good memories.










After the dance, I hauled a car full of kids to the After Party where he said he had an absolute blast. I had bought a big cake from Costco and the hosts were kind enough to decorate it with candles and have all the kids sing Happy Birthday to him. He had no idea I had gotten a cake so he was thrilled.

He was so jazzed (and tired and full) when I picked him up and I was just so happy for him.

Now I've got two highschoolers. I can't quite believe it. 

2 comments:

Denis & Irene said...

Wow, You are sooo handsome and we just love the whole outfit. It is totally you.

Shirley, your kits instead of kites is a way better spelling error than the the blue SHITS that Kaedo's friends wore to grad. lol

Kaedo, you felt it was the best day of your life and you'll always remember it no matter how old you are. We are so happy that your birthday and grad happened on the same day because they are both huge events and that makes it even more special. So happy that the After Party celebrated with you on your special day.

Congratulations, you deserve it.

As you boys say, we're in Vegas Baby.

Love to all

Jessica said...

So I got a new phone. It's awesome. A blackberry Q10. The best part about it??? I can actually look at things online, unlike my old blackberry. So guess what all the people sitting around me at Emma's school saw today?!? My gorgeous nephews. My friends loved the grad outfit. I was so proud to show it off. Most parents wouldn't allow it and I think most of THOSE parents wish they had the balls to allow it. I have let the girls pick their clothes since they were old enough to open the drawers and the one comment I get when they look like hell is "I wish I had the guts to let my kid dress herself!" You looked so incredible and confident and handsome and GROWN UP!!! So so so proud of both of my boys. You two are amazing.