Monday 17 June 2013

Week 38 and some Father's Day Pictures


I must admit that this is one of my favorites. The Slurpees, the lazy smiles, the sunglasses, the casual arm around the shoulder. Nothing forced, nothing "because we have to". Yup, I really love this one. Can you believe that we will almost be to the end of this cute gnomes weekly life when they return home? We have a new cutie lined up as they have agreed to sign on for year 5. I must admit the salary negotiations were a bit tougher this year and the things they wanted in their dressing rooms were out of control! ha

Yesterday was a a wonderful day for our family. Craig was spoiled, as he should be, with a bunch of books and two very nice shirts and ties. Very handsome. As our tradition is to go for breakfast on Sunday mornings (kidless) and the restaurant we usually go to is so not peanut free, we decided to go to another place as a family and I enjoyed it much more. Hopefully I can convince Craig to go there going forward. We sat much too long, and Sterling drank 5 cups of coffee (yikes), and then we headed out to a movie. I wasn't impressed with it but the boys liked it and at the end of the day, that's what I want. I personally like my movies with a whole bunch of shit being blown up, lots of car chases and smash ups, no romance (if I want romance, I'll go see a romance) and sexy as hell guys beating each other up. Terrible right? I can watch the Fast and the Furious movies all day and all night. That's my idea of a perfect movie. Pitiful, really.

Craig had a few little errands to run and the kids wanted Slurpees, so we did that and headed home to complete the Sunday chores and get ready for Monday.

Without further ado, here are some pictures from yesterday:






Kaedo's 10oz Burger (and only $7.29)


This handsome fella after 5 cups of coffee. To be honest it was 1/2 cup coffee, 4 creamers, 
and 1/4 cup of sugar

It was a wonderful day. We are counting down our time together right now. It seems silly but we only have one weekend left and hanging with their friends is an important thing in the coming week or so. 

2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

Great photos and it sounds like you had a fun Family Father's Day!

We have SUN!!!! YAHOO! We were in P.A. for 3 days and rain, rain, rain and I guess it would have been no different here because it rained as well. It is 22 right now, sunny and hardly any wind. We got lawn mowed and trimmed this afternoon and everything looks beautiful.

Hope everyone's day went well - BIG HUGS TO ALL!

Denis & Irene said...

Great photos, again. Glad you had a great Father's Day, Craig.

Walked in the wetlands this morning and the Alberta roses smelled so wonderful. It is so lush in there now with all the rain. The prairie grasses are almost waist high. A friend keeps telling me that's where the coyotes hide. It's challenging for me to walk in such an isolated place without someone telling me that.

Denis got lots done this morning in the motor home maintenance department. We had friends over for lunch which lasted until almost supper time. It was a beautiful day and we were able to have our meal outside. This evening it rained and hailed so much that there are huge puddles everywhere. The thunder lasted for about an hour.

Love to all