Wednesday 7 October 2009

week 5 and other frivolities

So - week 5 already. I can hardly believe it. Today was a great day. I didn't work today but was busy running errands and going to a doctor's appointment. The boys were thrilled that I picked them up and when we got home Kaedo and I made Bruschetta for their snack. We sat around the table while they ate and chatted. It was great. BBQ'd chicken for supper - at Sterling's request. It was delicious and I am so loving my new-to-me BBQ.
After a great dinner sitting all together and talking, I cleaned up the dishes, Sterling and Craig played basketball and Kaedo was crafting. Sterling and I took a detour out to McDonald's for a late night ice cream for everyone, and as always I loved the one on one time. He is such an amazing child.
Kaedo received a wonderful phone call today. One of his very good school friends moved through the summer to a new city and Kaedo was very upset that he wasn't going to see him at school. Andrew called him today and invited him to a party next weekend and Kaedo was so thrilled. He was pumped and couldn't stop talking about it. He will be very busy next weekend with a party on both Saturday and Sunday. He did remind me that the party at Andrew's was not a "party" but a "get together, just for the heck of it". Sounds like fun.
Back to work tomorrow and Craig is working from home. I am going to the Passport Office in the morning. That really makes our trip seem real. So excited!

1 comment:

Denis & Irene said...

Love the gnome, love you guys even more. so glad yo're enjoying your new BBQ, we sure enjoyed it for the one meal we made on it.

So glad everything is going well and the boys sure seem to be having a great social life.

Dad put a very large solar panel on the roof today, sure hope it doesn't blow everything up. He says it won't. It will be great for the desert this winter. We had it on the old motorhome and it was very awesome. We never needed a generator, it supplied all our power.

Happy Thanksgiving and love to all