Thursday 8 October 2009


Thursday - oh, where has the week gone? Just heading off to work. Sterling is home today. He sprained his left wrist last night rollerblading and can't even hold a pencil today. His teacher said there was no reason to stay in school if he couldn't write, so she sent him home. Good thing we are home today!
Guess what happened to me? I pissed off someone in a previous life! On my old shift I had no problem getting a parking spot, now however, it is a big hassle and I have to park a long way from the office. It seems that on Tuesday I parked in the wrong place and was honored to have a $250 parking ticket (indestructible, not paper) tucked under my windshield. F%#K. Needless to say I was pissed (sorry Shirley) and so was Craig. So, I am heading off to work early today in the hopes that I can skulk in the parking lot and pounce on the first available spot.
Love this picture of the boys. One of my favorites. My, have they grown!

1 comment:

GrmpaGrmma said...

STERLING - Hope your wrist is feeling better. Big kisses from gramma!

Sorry to hear about the ticket Shannon - hope you found a parking spot today and no tickets. I grumbled when I had to pay a $5 ticket when I took mom to the doctor. They had faintly painted yellow lines on some blocks - meaning DO NOT PARK here I guess. I probably could have fought it but didn't figure it was worth it.

We had snow this morning as well as this afternoon. We left for Line Dancing & coffee and when we came home, the lawn was a carpet of leaves. Stan raked some of them up and just put them around the base of the tree. By tonight we have lots more snow and it's frozen and sidewalks and steps are slippery. We still have all my ornaments out as well as lawn chair pads. Hopefully we will get some nice weather so we can the stuff away next week.

Today was our day to bottle our wine. We started 2 wine kits last Tuesday and it's all done. We tried an accelerator kit and it speeds up everything - it usually takes 4 weeks to do a wine kit and this accelerator kit makes it done in a week. Then you let it sit for 2 weeks to get the true taste. We've tried some today and it's quite strong but I'm sure they will be very good in a couple of weeks.

Regarding the show the other night - I did use a few kleenex from my "funeral purse". I thought it was a good movie. One of the girls that came to the movie said she had read the book and the ending is so totally different than the movie. We all went out for coffee after with our red eyes & noses. The men met us there and they had fun playing walleyball.

Cute picture of Sterling & Kaeden - it's hard to remember them being so little.

BIG HUGS TO ALL!