Monday 12 October 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to all. Hope you have had a great weekend. We sure had a busy one. Saturday night the boys each had a friend sleepover. At 2:50am yesterday morning Craig finally got them settled to bed. Needless to say, he was not thrilled. They were all up early (although Kaedo says he never slept at all) and I made waffles for breakfast. This is a regular breakfast for my boys but both Josh and Dylan were shocked that they weren't Eggos. I thought that was hilarious. "Are these homemade waffles??" Funny. Both boys did not want to go home so I made arrangements with their parents to drop them off later in the day. Once we had them home, we got busy working in the yard. We got all the flower beds ripped out and the trampoline taken down. We got the swing put away and the garage cleaned up. Once we had that finished we were ready to sit down and watch a movie. Sterling was exhausted and Kaedo was wired for sound. We sat down and attempted to watch "Star Trek Nemesis", but none of us liked it so we quit watching that and the boys and Craig watched "Amazing Race". I'm not into those shows so I went upstairs and "Love Affair" (1939) was on TCM. I love that movie and so I tucked in with Ketchup and watched that. At 9pm they all went to bed and I stayed up and watched the remake "An Affair to Remember" (1959) with Deborah Kerr and Cary Grant. Awesome. Have seen it before but just love it.
This morning Michael called while we were all still in bed and invited Craig to go mountain biking. Craig headed out at about 10:30am and I have been doing the weekly baking. In honor of Thanksgiving, I made Pumpkin Muffins and Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies. They both turned out well. I love to bake and so I have started doing that on Sundays so the boys have some stuff for their lunches and snacks throughout the week. It is much cheaper than buying pre-packaged products.
This afternoon I have to work (4-midnight) and the boys will be getting ready for school tomorrow. Showers, early to bed etc. It has been a nice day already and I am looking forward to a good rest of the day.
I thought I would briefly present a list of all the things I am thankful for. I hope you will "play along" and add yours.
I am thankful for:
My wonderful husband and beautiful boys
My loving parents who are the best there is
My beautiful sister and her fantastic family - they are so precious to me
My amazing in-laws that I never think of as "in-laws" - they are my parents in so many ways
My handsome brother in-law and his beautiful wife and children
A roof over my head
The love of a family that is the best. I know I can count on all of you at any time. I love you and am thankful for you. Happy Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING YESTERDAY!! It was wonderful talking to you yesterday Craig - hope the rest of your day went well.

As I mentioned in my e-mail - Shannon - your baking looks mouth watering - I'm sure everyone enjoyed it very much.

You mentioned all that you were thankful for and I thought I would add my own as well.
- My wonderful and loving husband
- My two handsome sons who are the best husbands & fathers ever!!
- My two beautiful "daughters" which I couldn't have hand picked any better for my sons!
- My four precious grandsons who are the cutest kids ever!
- My mom - God Bless her
- My sisters who I can turn to anytime for a shoulder to cry on
- My brother who I am very proud of
- My home
- My health
- My friends - near and far

We do have so much to be thankful for and why do we seem to only have one special day to say it. We should wake up every morning and be thankful every moment of each day. LOVE YOU ALL!

BIG HUGS TO ALL!

Denis & Irene said...

The book I'm reading or trying to find the time to read is Penny Vincenzi's "Almost A Crime" She is one of my favorite authors but by the time work is done, our after work chat, supper, dishes and e-mail, it's time for bed. It's 7.45 now and I've just opened my computer. After this, I have 16 e-mails that came in today. Some I'll look at, some I'll answer and some get deleted. It all takes time. Bored, we're not. Thank goodness for that.

Your baking does look awesome. I haven't baked in so long I can't remember. Not much use doing it as I can't afford to eat it. It really is great for lunches though. DO you remember how full our freezer was so that you always had home made goodies for your lunches? I can remember baking for a whole day and it would last about a month, unless you had babysitters and then it was gone in a week.

I am thankful for our good health

I am thankful for our wonderful children

I am thankful for our four wonderful grandchildren

I am thankful for two wonderful "sons"

I am thankful for my wonderful sisters, their spouses and offspring

I am thankful for a mom and mom-in-law, who were always there for us, but who are struggling now in their old age. I pray their struggles lessen or go away completely.

I am thankful for the life we have right now, working when we want and travellng the rest of the time.

I am especially thankful for having a life partner who is easy going, kind, loving and my best friend.

How fortunate we are to have so much!

Love to all