Sunday 11 October 2009

Shave and a Haircut... $50?

Yes, $50 is about what it costs to get Ketchup's haircut. Granted they clip his nails bath him and shave him and only needs it about every three months, but still he gets freaked out every time we take him and the last time he came back he was quite hurt and yelped every time we picked him up. The groomer claimed nothing happened and since Ketchup can't talk we couldn't do much. Having said that, I always told Shannon that I thought I would be able to clip him and do a good job so this past week she bought me a clipper and gave me the thumbs up to give it a try.

Ketchup was very patient considering it took me about three hours with bathing and drying time included, but I think the end result was pretty good. He stood still for most of it and even when he was moving around it wasn't too bad. I learned some things for next time and won't probably wait so long between clips so it stays under control. After one haircut, the clipper has already paid for itself. Kids kept telling me that I should put up signs and cut other dogs hair (no thanks) but I'll let you be the judge.


Before

After

Before


After



Oh yeah, I almost forgot:

I cut his ear with the clipper

He bled like a stuck pig

I felt terrible

Ketchup forgave me.

The end.

2 comments:

shannon said...

Being allergic to wet dog makes me doubly happy that you have taken on this chore. I can't even be in the same room with him when he's wet without breaking out in hives. He looks great, and you did an awesome job. Thanks for doing that. Just for the record - this is what COMMENTING looks like!

Denis & Irene said...

OOOOOH! Touchy isn't she?

You did a great job Craig. He looks very nice and you can only get better with experience. I agree with the boys though, it would be a great part time job. If that was your first effort you'd be an expert after a few guinea pigs (er dogs). $50.00 is a lot of money saved that's for sure.

Hope you're having a wonderful Thanksgiving Day. Have a good shift Shannon. Dad's working today also. He said that today is one of the very few that he gets paid what he's worth. Double time and a half really is nice considering I worked all morning cleaning and no one paid me a cent.

Still cold here. -12 in Calgary,
-24 in Waterton but it's supposed to warm up by Thursday. Long range is 22 above for Saturday. We can wish.

Love to all