Sunday 21 July 2013

So a Funny Thing Happened...

Over the last couple of weeks I have been mentioning our new dish detergent and how much I love the smell and how it permeates the whole first floor when I'm doing a load of dishes. Craig was complaining that it made his water bottle taste weird.

Today we were at Costco and we were walking down the aisles and Craig saw another brand on sale (he is ALL about sales) and we started walking down the aisle more to see how much we paid for the stuff we are using more. Couldn't find it, couldn't find it.... until Craig spots it on the other side of the aisle.... with the laundry soap!

Hahahahaha - for the last month I have been using laundry soap for our dish detergent. Let's just say it was hysterical. I was laughing so hard I was crying. Add to that the "will kill if ingested" warning, and all I could say was "foiled again". I'm kidding of course. We laughed so hard, both at Costco and at home.

For the record - they smell great but don't wash the dishes that well.  Funny that I never looked at the package to find out what the hell the deal was.  I though it was my dishwasher.  That'll learn me!

Lastly - a VERY SPECIAL HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my niece A. She's 4 today and she had a big party and the boys got to be there and she sounded so damn cute on the phone this morning! Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!

2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

That is hilarious Shannon - hope your water in your water bottle tastes better Craig!! Surprised you didn't have soap suds all over the kitchen floor with laundry soap. Hope you found some dish detergent to work for dishwashers! The soap should work good for your clothes now.

Got your e-mail Shannon and will talk to you tomorrow. Thanks for checking and you and I must have checking at the same time because that was the one I have written down as well.

Just heading downstairs, after having Hank & Jewel over for football game and supper, to watch our favorite show Castle - hope it's not a repeat but we sit and watch it again anyway.

BIG HUGS TO ALL!

Denis & Irene said...

Ha Ha! Doesn't surprise me, not one little bit.