Thursday 4 July 2013

Throwback.Thursday

Hello All -
First off -
I forgot to mention a Happy 48th Anniversary to my mom and dad! Yay You!

I recently read a blog and while I'm sure the author doesn't follow mine, I am neglecting to give her credit as I can't find the blog again. So - THANK YOU for the idea and I'm sorry, and as soon as I stumble upon it, credit will be given.

Anyway, the premise is that every Thursday for a designated period of time I am to write about something in my history - hence "Throwback.Thursday".

So, here's the first one - a memory of my early driving days -

I am the first to admit, I was a very lucky kid, and had a car when I learned to drive (in fact I can still hear my mom saying - "you get one car, one post-secondary education and one wedding"). I remember one night in particular, I was heading out with my friends. It was Friday and I had just gotten my first brand new car. Man I loved it. It didn't have a stereo, so I had a ghetto blaster with the speakers in the back and we were jammin' out, laughing and giggling as girls do. Did I mention my cute little car was a standard?

So, I pull up to the light (to this day I can plainly see the intersection), and hit the brake. In the next lane is a car full of cute, if not a little older, boys. We were giggling and chatting through the open windows when suddenly the light changed to green. You can probably guess what happened next. I stalled the car. They drove away and we were laughing so hysterically the people in the car behind us swerved into the other lane and gave us the finger when I couldn't get the car started again.

Aaahhhh, the good old days.

On another note - we talked with the boys last night and they are having "the best time ever, mom". Sounds like they can out-shop their grandparents but aside from that, Amma and Baba have them beat!

1 comment:

Denis & Irene said...

I've never heard that story, but I knew there were some doozies out there. I don't want to know any of the more way out ones, I still like the ostrich feeling.

Shop...need to find another word. Kaeden found the sunglasses he wanted yesterday and had them purchased within minutes. Sterling procrastinated. Today, Sterling wanted sunglasses. We went to the south outlet mall. Sterling saw some glasses but again couldn't decide. We suggested he go back to the north mall...now were talking distance here. After much procrastination, indecision, worry about being over his budget, etc., he bought them. Happy Birthday Sterling. Your mom called me a sucker, I was just glad to get the hell out of the mall. In fairness to you Sterling, you are a careful shopper and ask all the right questions. You do however, have beer money and champagne taste....Just like the rest of our family.

Another great day, it's been the fastest six days on record. Leaving tomorrow...Disney here we come.

Love to all