Saturday 13 July 2013

What A Day! (Do I say that a lot?)

Yesterday morning Craig and I headed to the Honda Indy race trials in downtown T.O. He and the boys had gone last year while I was in Vegas and they had so much fun, he thought I would enjoy it. It was great. We had a lot of fun. The cars were noisy, the sun was shining and there were plenty of people enjoying this great day. I took over 100 pictures, but thought I would just show some of my favorites.



It is impossible to get pictures of these cars as they race around the track, but I kinda like the look of these ones being so blurry when nothing else is.



This is the "jumbotron" from the stands we originally sat in. The driver has a Go.Pro on top of his car. Very cool. As there are cameras filming throughout the course, you get to see the crashes as well.



We crossed over to the other stands and sat behind the pit crews for a while. Amazing how much stuff they have. On the far right you can see the covered piece - that has all the computers they use to monitor the car (our guess) and talk to the driver.




In case you can't read the sign, it says, "this car is being supported by 4 Wedgewood bone china teacups designed for everyday use". How cool is that? Each cup is supporting 387 lbs!



Cool picture of the Skyline


The announcers. Interesting listening to them while sitting in the stands.


Car in one of the haulers that was too smashed up to drive. Looks like my room from when I was a kid. Minus the car.

It was a lot of fun and I`d love to go again next year. 

1 comment:

Denis & Irene said...

Still looks like your room! Oops, did I write that out loud