Friday 5 July 2013

Thanks Mom!

With their last day in Vegas yesterday, the boys spent it touring the hotels and shopping, shopping and more shopping. They each bought some fancy-dancy sunglasses (you can see my cute babe in his below) as well as got some pix taken at both the Rainforest.Cafe and the Venetian.

I really want to thank mom for these snapshots she's taking on her phone. It gives Craig and I an instant look into their smiling faces. It has really made this first week (can you believe it?) much easier. Note to everyone else, the bar is set high - and we expect pictures!!!! Mom tells me Kaedo is taking tons with his camera and Sterling is faithfully downloading them to their computers. So happy for that teamwork and bond they have. 


This is the boys at the Rainforest.Cafe - CUTE! Love it!


At the Venetian - two things to note - 1) how gorgeous is that? (the flowers, not the kids) and 2) I just love how they always put their arms around each other. Does anybody else notice that? Go back and you will see. I love it.


Baba and Sterling. If Sterling wasn't leaning back I'd think he's almost as tall and his Baba. Must have been a shock when they got off the plane!


And my sweet boy - Love those glasses - they are totally you! And I would bet you have all but slept with them on since getting them!

The weekend is here and there is not too much going on. I have two projects I really want to start but am nervous to take the first step. Both craft related. Hope to maybe jump in this weekend. I want to make a scrapbook for each of the boys for this holiday so I am trying to get my feet wet again.

Craig has football (shocking) tomorrow morning and if we get our lazy asses out of bed on Sunday morning we may go to the gym. My class is at 8:15am and that is REALLY early for a Sunday. Craig has decided to join another football league that would take him through the summer one evening a week, and I have started a class as of yesterday that will run until September 19th that has  lot of homework, so maybe football night will be homework night.

Lastly, did I mention we talked to the boys? I am still riding high from our conversation. Loved it! Off to California for them today and the next leg of their adventure. Oh how I wish I was there.


1 comment:

GrmpaGrmma said...

Good afternoon to all! I just finished getting caught up on all the wonderful Blog news. We left S.C. on the 25th, first we called the birthday boy right on the button of 10:00 a.m. We had a wonderful time with friends in Chilliwack and then on to Penticton for my cousin and husband's Memorial Service. It was beautifully done and the love and support of family was felt by all. We commented on my grampa & gramma Dyer's grandchildren - there are 22 grandchildren (3 of whom are now deceased) and all but one made it to the service. The one person sent a beautiful bouquet of flowers so we felt his presence as well. Home on Friday and spent Saturday getting caught up on wash, e-mails and mail.

Loved all the blog photos! Wow - Kaeden you looked so handsome in your grad attire - LOVED IT! Also loved the ones with mom, dad and Sterling with you. That was a pretty special day for everyone.

Denis & Irene - it sounds like you are having a blast with the boys and what a time they must be having seeing everything. We are so looking forward to having them here in a few weeks! I'm sure you feel like the time is just flying by.

It is Raymond Wien's 45th birthday today and we're going over to Pete & Esther's for cake and coffee in the evening. In a few minutes, Stan and I are heading over to the park to play Pickleball with a group of friends. It's 20 out with abit of wind so it should be a perfect afternoon.

Wishing everyone a great week - BIG HUGS TO ALL!