Monday 15 July 2013

My Boys






After all these years - almost 10 to be exact, these are still my favorite series of photos. And I have a lot of photos. I have a few one-offs that I love but as a series, these are them, hands down.

Very busy today and very productive but missing my boys more than ever. Funny how that works. Sad day today thinking of them. Made all the worse seeing the other boys on the street running into our backyard retrieving the ball that has come over the fence. 

Stew for supper tonight - which seems weird when it is so warm, but maybe some comfort food is needed. Who knows. 

Knowing they are happy and healthy and having fun makes my heart ache a little less, but not much. I guess I'm the one whose homesick.

1 comment:

GrmpaGrmma said...

Love those photos as well - I think you must have given me ones like them or very similar - so hard to believe they've grown up so much. Sorry to hear you had a tough day Shannon - 3 weeks have gone by very quickly but not quick enough when you're missing those boys of yours. A few more weeks and you'll have them back to hug!

Your supper sounds wonderful - we worked in our yard off and on all day today and sat on the sun deck enjoying a cool one. It was getting quite late and nothing came to mind for supper so when Stan asked if he should BBQ hotdogs - sounded good to me. Opened a can of beans and had ice cream for dessert. I promise I'll try to feed the boys better than that:D

Beautiful day here today but with storm and tornado warnings off and on all day. Nothing came of it here - thank goodness. We went for a walk after supper and met Lionel & Jean and they picked us up and took us to their house for a glass of wine and visit. We said we'd walk home but they drove us and we were glad they did because it had really cooled down. Someone, somewhere must have got hail and glad it wasn't here.

Please feel a BIG HUG across the miles Shannon - love you lots!