Monday 22 March 2010


Rest In Peace my dear friends. We have been together since Christmas 2008. A gift from the boys. I love you. But you are dangerous to my health. Take today for instance. Walking down the stairs with you on my feet, a load of laundry in my arms, when suddenly I kept walking and you decided not to. So what happened you may ask? Down I went, basket in arms, head hitting the stairs, tailbone bouncing off the floor. A trip to the clinic, a mild concussion and bruised tailbone later and the only logical thing to do is retire you. I'm sorry. I really am. I love you guys. I'm not getting rid of you but you will now reside in my closet. I'm sorry my friends, but I am already a klutz and really don't need any help from you. So, RIP my friends. This hurts me more than it hurts you.

2 comments:

KPJC said...

What is going on with accidents in Klassen households!!!!! Hope you are OK Shannon, but you are right the slippers have to leave the rotation. Just this weekend Jacob hit his head on my knee while running/falling and we found out today that he probably cracked his jaw bone. Teeth are a little crooked. Hope no more accidents come our way, however an accidental lottery win would be nice!!!!

GrmpaGrmma said...

Sorry for your mishap Shannon - take care!! BIG HUGS TO YOU! I really wish all my hugs could reach everyone in our family who have been getting "owies"!! Put your favorite shoes WAY, WAY, WAY back in the corner of your closet. Hope the rest of your day was better.

I know all of you aren't as interested in curling as dad and I have been with the BIG EVENT going on in S.C. but if you would have watched the Canada/China game tonight, you would have had to get at least a little excited!! Dad and I have tickets to go to tomorrow nights game - U.S./Canada and 6 other teams as well. Bill & Margaret Greenbank are coming around 3:00 tomorrow afternoon, we'll have an early supper and off to the rink for probably 3 hours!! Hope Canada can beat U.S. - they have 5 wins and 0 losses.

I agree with you Kelly - an accidental lottery win would be wonderful but dad just checked his tickets yesterday and there wasn't even a $10 win - boo hoo!

BIG HUGS TO ALL!