Saturday 1 December 2012

PA Day

The boys had PA Days yesterday. It was a little cool so Kaedo decided to stay home and watch movies, play on his computer, etc.
Sterling however was a regular social butterfly.
Off he went to the skate/bike park at 8:30am with his buddies (no sleeping in for him). Then off to Ns house for lunch and hanging out. A trip to the mall where four teenage boys checked out the stores (and the girls?) and had fun. This was his first time at the mall without a parent. Overprotective much? Yikes!

Back to Ns house then a decision to go to the roller rink from 8pm-11pm. "Yes", I said, "go ahead, but you must wear a helmet". He was not thrilled. I texted him part way through and he said he looked like a dork and was the only 'older kid' wearing a helmet. Oh well, too bad.

I just now asked him if he wore his helmet and he said no, he didn't. I must admit I'm shocked. And a little disappointed.


1 comment:

Denis & Irene said...

He didn't lie, he didn't get hurt, enough already. I know helmets are a big thing more than most, as my life was saved by one. He is getting to the age where he has to make personal decisions, right or wrong. If the wrong one backfires that's a disaster but life is full of chances and most you have no control over. I believe in helmets, Sterling you should have worn one..Sterling I understand totally why you didn't.

We arrived in Las Vegas, 25C, without any problems. I'm sad to see our old life of travel gone as we were unique. All our RV buddies and some family members thought we travelled separately because we wouldn't be able to travel together without arguing. Wrong, wrong, wrong. We had our reasons but not getting along wasn't one of them. We had a wonderful, easy trip down and made great time much to our surprise as we stopped at least three times a day.

This is so typical of a certain man's difficulty of dealing under pressure. I had a breakfast on Thursday that contained sugar which is a no no for me. When we arrived in Vegas, we went straight to the grocery store. Denis went to another department and then I felt my blood sugar hit the bottom. I had some blueberries in the cart, ate some, sat down on a shelf and waited for him. He saw right away what was happening and said he'd go to get some granola bars. Five minutes later, he came back empty handed and said "I can't find any healthy ones". Now I'm just about on the floor, he goes for trail mix and get's me a bench to sit on. After five minutes, I'm fine and proceed with the groceries. Now I find this hilarious and I'm still laughing as I think about it. I would have eaten anything at that point, healthy or not. I told him that if I had a stroke please find a store clerk. Poor Denis, he actually blushes when I talk about it...so I'm telling everyone we know.

We're at the Road Runner RV Park and like it very much. Quiet, as we're right in the back, clean and well maintained plus the price is right. Can't beat that. Heading to lunch with friends at 2. They are staying at Arizona Charlie's just about 750m from us.

Glad you got another three months Shannon, that will take the pressure off for a while. Something good will happen, it usually does. Wow! Mexico, now that's a job I'd take in a heartbeat.

Love to all