Sunday 9 December 2012

Week 11


We seem to be getting used to these 11th hour photos. The boys decided to be twins tonight. Not counting the 70lb difference and 5 inches - ha!

The boys headed out with Craig this morning for some "guy time", otherwise known as "what the hell are we gonna get mom for Christmas" time. They came home and got wrapping and now I have two special gifts from my best guys. I am always thrilled with what they buy me. I think part of it is because they have to save their own money and pay for it themselves. We have a rule that they spend $20 on each of the rest of us and $20 for Craig for his birthday and then $5 for Secret Santa. So, some the Fall they have to save up $85. That really cuts into Kaedo's Bulk.Barn shopping. We have done it this way for quite a few years and we find that they seem more engaged in Christmas and really proud of themselves and their ideas when they are buying the gifts. Plus we try to give as little direction as possible. It's up to them. Last year Kaedo bought Craig a big box of chocolate shaped like a football (the box, not the chocolate). When he saw it he knew he had to get it. Craig hastily ate all the chocolate then went ahead and made a hat rack for all his ball caps, using the football box as the base. I am sure I posted a picture of it earlier in the year. For the last couple of years Sterling has bought Craig a new wallet. It's kind of a running joke.

Today we got J and C's gifts wrapped and parceled. Tomorrow on the way home we will take it to be mailed. I hope they like everything.

You were lucky to get two posts yesterday, if you noticed. Obviously the right hand didn't know what the left was doing. Craig's post about the scootering is much better than mine as it has our supreme scooterer doing some fun tricks in the videos. If you scrolled past it, check it out.

And to my sister and sweet nieces - GET BETTER - especially you J. They are all sick, especially my sis and they have to fly in a week. Love you guys!

And as I posted yesterday - have fun everyone going to Disney.land!

1 comment:

Denis & Irene said...

Love those bright colors. You really suit them. Another great gnome photo.

We had a great day, myself doing laundry and Denis waxing the motor home. I had to shuttle between two different laundry buildings as Sunday must be wash day around here. Sure got my exercise though which is something I've been missing.

It's starting to get dark so it's time for us to head out and see what's going on. It's so nice to just stay put once in a while. We like to do that at least once a week, but only for the daytime. Beryl said yesterday that this place should be on Mountain time as it gets light early in the morning and dark early in the afternoon. She's got something there.

Have a great time Klassens. The weather has been great since we've been down here so we hope yours is as well.

Love to all