Monday 30 April 2012

Bravery, Courage and Strength

An Open Letter to My Sister - Dear Jessica, Today is a big day, a hard day, a tiring day, and overwhelming one. I don't know how you will do it but I know you will. You will be amazing. You will do everything and more. You will keep the girls happy, you will smile, you will take deep breaths and you will make this day work. A move from everything you have known for years into something that you will build with your beautiful girls. The three of you. A new life, a better life. I am so proud of you. How you have taken the struggles of the weekend let alone the last two years and made them work for you. How you never gave up. You are a stronger woman that I and I will freely admit that. Do you know how blessed your girls are to have you? You spend every moment of your life with them. Nurturing them, loving them. And look at them - they are amazing - because of you. Take pride in what you have done and what you do. You. And I'm so proud to be your sister. I am so proud to be your friend. I am one of the lucky ones. I love you, Shannon

1 comment:

Denis & Irene said...

Both of our girls are strong, they just don't realize it sometimes. We have to do what needs to be done as we know we'll get through it. It isn't pleasant or anything less than overwhelming while it's happening, but every struggle that we conquer, the stronger we become. We have seen you both face challenges with strength and purpose. We look up to you both and we love you with all our hearts.

Love to all