Saturday 7 April 2012

Supper - the bane of my existence



I know I have mentioned here how much I hate making supper, but our new system seems to be working so far. The night before I ask the person what they want for supper and once I get an answer - usually in the morning or via BBM mid-day, I do the shopping. I have now informed the boys that on the night that they pick dinner they have to prepare. It is both fun and frustrating. They are learning how to make hashbrowns from scratch, omelets, quesadillas, hamburgers and lots of other things. The bonus is that they are enjoying themselves too.

2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

That is so good to hear your new system is working and your boys are learning very young and are going to be great cooks! Looking forward to having them prepare a meal for us when we're there for a visit.

Petrica just sent a text 15 minutes ago that her and the boys are leaving P.A. They are stopping in Saskatoon to have lunch with her brother P.J. and then coming to S.C. for Easter.

I was sitting at the kitchen table last night and heard our Skype ring. It was Kelly so that was so neat. It was almost midnight so like any mother would, I told him to get to bed! We're checking his blog site and the pictures and notes are there to read all what they are doing. Weather doesn't sound too great but hopefully it holds out for them on Monday.

BIG HUGS TO ALL!

Denis & Irene said...

I don't see any vegetables or salads in all that preparation. So glad you'll be cooking for us a couple of nights a week. Not much longer until you have to put on your chef's hats. Cooked a lasagna and split pea soup today after we got home from our Easter weekend. They are two of my favorites and since we have a house full for the next 6 days, I figured I'd better make some staples that we can work around as the schedule is a little erratic. Started our annual physical checkup schedule today also. After last year's scare I wanted to get thoroughly checked out, unfortunately, we aren't going to be around very much so here's hoping we can work things around our trips.

Had a wonderful Easter dinner on Saturday with the family. It's so great to get together and Susan was so excited about their cruise to Turkey and Greece next week.

The weather is doing not too bad although I'm all bundled up while everyone else is in short sleeves. Hope summer comes pretty quickly.

Love to all