Monday 23 April 2012

Hello - Monday already. Where does time go? Yesterday much of the day was spent as a family then the kids buzzed off and tormented the neighborhood for a couple of hours. I was able to finish a book, Craig watched hockey and we spent some time together. The week has started with a bang. I spent some time at the school this morning then returned this afternoon to host my "tacos in a bag" workshop with 25 elementary school kids. Luckily I have my best guys backing me up as helpers and a high schooler who comes to get his volunteer hours. One of the things we do at this workshop, after making and eating our tacos in a bag (they eat, I watch) we teach the kids how to count to 10 in Spanish. They sit in three groups and we have a competition once they've all learned it as to which team is the loudest. We were bringing down the roof today. I'm sure the Principal was thrilled (not) but it's all about the kids. One of the young girls called me over mid way through the workshop and whispered to me that she knew someone who had a crush on Sterling. I asked who and she giggled and said "me". I had to laugh. What was funnier was that she introduced him to her mom when she came to pick her up. That makes my day. We got home at 5:40pm and will have supper in a little while then Kaedo's team has been selected to work with other rep coaches in a coaching clinic. Ooohhh lala. It will be a late night but he's looking forward to it.

3 comments:

Denis & Irene said...

AND SO IT BEGINS! Now the girls start calling! Have fun mom!

Sounds like your workshop was lots of fun. I know you put a lot of work into them but just knowing that the kids are enjoying has to be really satisfying. Good for you.

Good luck with the coaching clinic Kaedo. I hope you really enjoy it.

Visited my mom today. She was pretty good some of the time and a little paranoid some of the time. I had to get her income tax done so I was taking paperwork out and she doesn't understand that I have to take it but I'll bring it back. Got it all filed tonight, so that's another job out of the way.

Tomorrow brings some routine medical tests, lunch with a friend, supper with friends prior to our Elton John concert. Yay! We got the tickets for our birthday. He must be practicing a new concert as they usually try them out in the smaller locales. It will be great, he is such an entertainer. Wednesday, we are back in the Hat helping Jessica with her weekend move.

Have to get all this done today as I only bought one day of internet. We get a real deal here, 6 months for $35.00 total. Since we won't be back until September, I figured I'd wait until then to buy another 6 month package. Even if you only use it for 6-8 weeks, it's still cheaper than anything else out there.

Hope everyone has the great weather we're having right now. I hate to say it, but it's hot.

Love to all

Annette said...

Love tacos in a bag, but that's fun to teach kids how to do it!

I was wondering, since I know you crochet and I can't even learn because of arthritis, if you know how those crocheted baby headbands are made? I have a picture of M wearing one on my blog. I'd like to find someone who knows how and order a few (custom sizes for a tutu dress) can you let me know if you might be able to make these and if you can how much they would cost....

GrmpaGrmma said...

Sounds like you had a blast with your "tacos in a bag" whorkshop and I'm sure the kids loved it and the parents will too because they will go home and say - let's have "taco in a bag" supper and they can make it themselves - YAHOO!

Hope your coaching clinic went well and you had fun.

We've had an absolutely gorgeous day today - it got to +27 and it is now 9:30 p.m. and shows +20 on our computer. We'd better enjoy it because by Wednesday, it's supposed to rain and then someone said on Friday we are to get the "S" word! We sure hope not, it was so much fun working in the yard today with the beautiful sun beaming down on us.

Enjoy the Elton John concert tomorrow Denis & Irene. I've heard he is quite entertaining. Hope Jessica's move goes well for everyone.

Have a great week - BIG HUGS TO ALL!