Sunday 15 April 2012

Family Walk









How's that for a lot of pictures??? We had a great day together today. Craig got up and went to the gym this morning, I had a chat with my mom, the boys played video games and watched tv and Ketchup snoozed on his bed. Craig and I went out for an hour to hang out and when we were on our way back we called the boys and told them to get dressed - we were going on a family walk. We went into one of the nearby cities and walked a nice path - about 2kms and took some pictures, watched the lone goose, flicked aphids off our sweaters and marveled at how foggy it was. From there we went to Chapters - my favorite place on EARTH! Sterling wanted to buy a new book and so he wanted to look around. I suggested the library but he is not a quick reader and so he doesn't think that's a good option for him. Craig suggested he finish reading the Hunger Games series but he says he's sick of them. So I figure there are worse things for him to spend his money on. They left me in Chapters salivating while they went to Sport Chek, and then we headed home so Sterling could have some down time before heading to his Interact meeting tonight.

It has been a very nice day and we will surely add these kinds of days to our list of fun things to do on Sundays file.

2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

Nice pictures Shannon and it sounds like you had a fun day together as a family. Sundays are a good day to spend time doing different things together.

We got home much earlier than usual this evening after our Canasta games. We started around 4:00 p.m., had buns & goodies for a quick supper and got right back to playing. Us girls really beat the guys bad tonight and it was quite fun because it is very unusual for us to win - we beat them 3 games to 1. We got home around 10:00 p.m. so Stan's catching up on all the sports news and I'm relaxing.

Hope to catch up with you tomorrow evening for a visit.

BIG HUGS TO ALL!

Denis & Irene said...

Great Photos! Now you know why I love to take hundreds of photos of birds and all nature has to offer. I think your goose may be a Mute Swan, a semi-domestic park species. Not positive but I think so. It looks like a glorious day, fog and all. So glad you got out and had such an enjoyable time.

Dance is over until next weekend. The Dance Off last night was terrific with Emma's group dancing "Lucky Day" taking the Division 1 championship. Can't believe the talent out there. A Calgary Group had a troupe of about 50+ all dancing together, fantastic. My favorite Division 3 group won so I was thrilled.

Heading to the Hat today until Thursday evening to help Jessica get ready for her move at the end of the month. Got the income taxes done last night and all my paper work caught up so that's off our plate. Denis decided around 9 that if he wanted to eat, he had to make the food. I enjoyed it very much.

Thanks for your e-mail Kaedo, I'll put it in my reservation file. Remember, we'll only be there about 10 days and we'll need a month to complete your list, lol. So glad that you have supplied this though and have taken an active interest in planning YOUR trip. We love it, keep the suggestions coming and when we get there next month we'll work on getting it laid out so that it's doable. I'll bring my laptop also so that we can all browse the sites together.

Have a wonderful week everyone.

Love to all