Wednesday 11 April 2012

A Kick in the Ass

Today I was coming home from an appointment to my house, via the 401 when right in front of me a semi clipped an SUV and it spun out of control ending up on the shoulder. No other cars were involved and the driver of the SUV was not injured. I know that because I pulled over and checked. Good Samaritan. I would want someone to do it for me. FYI - she just got the car yesterday. Brand new. The truck pulled over way down the way and started running back to us. While we were waiting the driver of the SUV asked me if I had seen the accident happen and I had to admit that no, I hadn't, only her spinning. Once the driver and sidekick of the semi got to us they took all the blame, gave their names, advised they had called the police, etc. I reiterated to the SUV driver that I hadn't seen the accident but she could take my number in case the semi driver changed his mind about being in the wrong. I typed it into her phone and got back in my car and headed home to prep for my next appointment.
This is where you second guess stopping - about an hour later I get a call from the police asking me about the accident. I explained that I hadn't seen it. To which he kindly advises, "Did you known you committed a criminal offence leaving the accident. You could be issued a ticket".

Sometimes you just can't catch a break.

2 comments:

Denis & Irene said...

Wow! I didn't know that. I guess you just call 911 and don't stop. I've heard other strange stories like that so it's no wonder the police don't get much co-operation from the public. Hope nothing comes of the ticket, Shannon. I can't believe it...yet I can.

Emma won a gold medal for tap today. Tomorrow is very busy with ballet, jazz and large lyrical. Friday is her solo musical theatre. That's the one that we hope she gets high gold in as it's just her and she's worked very hard. She rocked in the dress rehearsal so here's hoping she can bring it to the adjudicators. She's quite the entertainer and stands out even in the group....not that I'm biased.

The weather is glorious, even at this time of night. Jessica put Avery in the van and sat outside so that Emma could fall asleep. Avery doesn't give her a chance when they're here. She's the last one to bed and the first one up...little brat!

Love to all

GrmpaGrmma said...

Hope things work out for you Shannon - one tries to be a good samaritan and sometimes it just doesn't work. When the woman backed into our car, we called the RCMP and they just say if no one is hurt and you can still drive the vehicle, just go to our insurance office. Same with Linda's vehicle when a truck backed into her car - no one is hurt, called the RCMP and then to insurance company. Sure hope you won't be issued a ticket - that would be ridiculous. Glad to hear the woman wasn't hurt but I bet she sure appreciated you stopping to check on her.

We've had lots and lots of wind the days we've had Jacob & Caleb so haven't got out as much as we would have liked to. Walked to Dickson school park for them to play and didn't stay long because of the wind being so cool. We take them to Saskatoon tomorrow and will meet Petrica for supper and then we will go to the airport to meet Kelly. Kids can hardly wait to see their daddy. We're making a sign for them today to welcome daddy home.

Hope you're having a great day - BIG HUGS TO ALL!