Tuesday 1 May 2012

Let the celebrating begin....

How has your day been? Mine has been quite great, thank you. A sweet call from a good friend inviting me out for an early birthday lunch, complete with cute card and chocolate cake has put a smile on my face. I'm still coming down from my Vegas high and things are looking mighty rosy. It's great to be feeling great. I'm not even looking at cleaning out the kitchen cupboards with as much disdain as I did last week. Off to pick up the kids plus a couple of extras shortly. Kaedo seems to be having a little scootering party here this afternoon and I am not quite sure if I need to take the van or the car to school to make sure I get them all to my house. hmmmmm I hope they all go home before supper. ha

3 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

Sounds like your home will be full of fun and laughter with all those young fellows around.

So nice of your friend to take you out for your "special" day Shannon. Hope you enjoyed your time together. Nothing like chocolate cake to pick a person up.

Have a great week - BIG HUGS TO ALL!

Jessica said...

So glad you are still feeling so good. Tell me about kitchen cupboards!! We have most of the kitchen put away, I think. If not, there's no more room. A friend of Jessica's came over to help this afternoon and that really makes a difference. Another friend brought supper so we don't have to cook tonight. The girls' beds got set up and we made quite a dent in the boxes.

So happy about your early Birthday lunch. That has always been the most special day of the year all your life. It's my least favorite at this point in time.

Must go and get some book work done precariously perched on a packing box.

Love to all

Denis & Irene said...

The above comment was from us but I forgot to change the name. Sorry