Thursday 12 January 2012

16 and 11


Week 16 and still no snow. We are enjoying this mild winter although if the weather forecast means anything it's going to be cold come the weekend. Might be a good time to stay home and watch 'Love Boat'. haha. Had 4 Facebook orders yesterday for hats. I'm looking forward to making them. I'm going to head out this morning and pick up the supplies. The Happy Hooker is back at it! I think I might prefer Crochet Queen. Not.

Yesterday we got the fright of our lives! We had pulled into the driveway and I popped the trunk for the boys to get their backpacks and just as they were opening the gate a cat jumped in! We were shocked to say the least. Then we just burst out laughing. I told the boys to make sure it didn't jump out and rushed into the house to get my camera. This is the picture I got. Then we had a hell of a time to get the nasty thing out of the car. Lots of funny noises, some shooing and a lot of laughs later we finally got it out of the car. Did I mention I hate cats?

I think for Christmas next year I am going to ask for a little pocket camera that takes great pictures. I would love to have a camera I could put in my purse and have handy whenever I needed it.

2 comments:

Denis & Irene said...

That is such a good photo, not only of the boys but of the rolling toad also. I see you are using it more than you used the rolling turd.

It is really warm here tonight, high humidity and about 18C. Had a great day having a late lunch at the Hurricane Cafe, seafood to die for. Finished lunch around 3 and then went to Fort De Soto which is as south as you can go on the Strand. The weather was gorgeous all day. Had originally planned a harbour cruise but the boat never showed.

Busch Gardens tomorrow for our last hurrah. The time has gone so fast and Emma really hates to leave although she is looking forward to school, dance and seeing all her friends. Avery is ready to go as she doesn't have the freedom here as she does at home. Home has more room to wander and here she has to wander with an adult. It's been an awesome time spent in a wonderful place with wonderful people. We'll really miss them when they're gone. It will be reallllly quiet.

Love to all

GrmpaGrmma said...

GREAT PHOTOS ONCE AGAIN! Congrats on your hat orders Shannon!

That cat is HUGE! I would have been scared to death as well - he must have smelled something yummy in your car to jump in like that. He looks like he's snarling at you guys. Is he a neighborhood cat or did he just wander in that day?

When we got up this morning, it was snowing - we haven't had snow for quite some time. Stan did have to shovel what had fallen when we got back from Line Dancing and coffee. Not too much more going on for the rest of the day. Tomorrow we (Linda, Roberta & I) plan to head out to Herbert - hope it's not snowing because it's my turn to drive. Bronco hockey games tomorrow night and Saturday night.

Hope everyone had a great day - BIG HUGS TO ALL!