Sunday 25 September 2011

Sunday

It's Sunday morning and all is quiet here. Kaedo is sleeping over at J's house and isn't expected home until 3:30pm. Sterling is at the bike park, Craig and Ketchup are still sleeping, and I am doing this. Not too much going on here. Just life. The weather is beautiful here and we are enjoying Fall.

As you can see, I have opened a small Etsy shop, where I am selling some of the hats I have been crocheting. Please take a look, if you like. I find crochet very calming and it soothes my anxiety. In saying that, I can't very well make 30 hats just for kicks. So, we'll see how it goes. Would love your thoughts or ideas. I'm working on some baby and kids stuff now so don't be surprised if a little cap finds its way to your house.

I was asked on Friday to attend a Mental Health Symposium on behalf of the day program I am attending. I'm not sure if it is an honor to be asked or not but I'll tamp down my crazy, dress up and show up. Should be very interesting. Only two people from my program were asked. Only the craziest ones????

This week we have soccer practice for the school team, 3 days of rep soccer tryouts, school pictures, doctor's appointments, football, a PA Day, school, work and program. It should be busy. We will also be introducing our new gnome and blog header. That will be on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Hope you have a wonderful Sunday and your week is full of lots of fun and not too much work.

2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

WOW SHANNON - you are a very, very talented young lady!! Jean's daughter loves hats and I know she would love to see these. You have done a beautiful job and you look gorgeous showing them off.

Shannon, you will do just fine at the Mental Health Symposium - let us know how things go for you.

Wow, your week does sound very busy - hope everything goes well. We're just about to get ready to head to Church this morning, probably go out for lunch with Robert & Barb and whoever else wants to join us and then not sure what the afternoon will bring. It is a beautiful morning here and is supposed to get to 32 degrees. Better get outside and enjoy every minute of it.

Hope the rest of your day goes well and we'll catch up with a visit later - BIG HUGS TO ALL!

Denis & Irene said...

Glad you have a busy weekend, sure beats being bored. I called both boys but they were with friends so I told them we'd connect another time. Tooo funny!

The hats are lovely. You are truly talented, an artist in every way. I remember reading once that most artists are a little crazy, so there ya go!

Not surprising that you've been invited to attend the Symposium. You'll probably be a delegate next and possibly on the payroll. You're probably the most normal crazy in the program. They'll use you as an example as to how much these programs benefit the people who use them.....then go for more funding. I know you're getting good stuff out of these sessions and we're very happy about that. You're the only one that thinks your crazy anyway.

Lazy day. Did housework for about three hours and then parked our butts and watched a great game of golf on TV. So exciting and the payoff was over $10 MILLION.

Glad everyone's weather is great. Ours sucks right now.

Love to all