Tuesday 31 August 2010

School Supply Shopping

Sunday afternoon was spent back to school shopping. Armed with our lists provided by the school, we were off to Wal-Mart hoping for the best deals in pens, pencils and binders. We were able to pick up everything there except for a big box pencil case for Kaedo which he had to get at Staples. The boys were both allowed to purchase one "name brand" back to school item and Kaedo chose a pair of West 49 jeans (go figure) and Sterling decided he wanted a new Adidas hat. So after looking at various (read too many) stores, we found this non-Adidas hat he fell in love with. It does have a brim but this was the better picture. He loves it and doesn't care what he wears so the hat was a good choice for him.

On one of our many stops we popped into Winners to see if there were any hats for Sterling and look what Craig found? A pair of purple size 8 boot/shoes for Kaedo. Purple being his favorite color, Kaedo was easily swayed to try them on. Originally $120, the were marked down to $5. We had to buy them. I think he would have worn them to bed if given the option.


Piles O School Supplies - thank you Wal-Mart for not causing too big a strain on my Visa.

While at Winners Craig found this jacket that Sterling loved. Once we explained the "All truckers must have these naked ladies on their mudflaps" rule, Sterling was sure he wanted it for back to school. That got easily vetoed as I don't want a call from the school on the first day of classes advising me he has been suspended for inappropriate attire. He was bummed but good natured about it.


The rest of the afternoon was spent picking up some groceries and coming home for supper and a "Big Bang Theory" Marathon - our favorite show - we are watching Season 2. The kids were tired after having gotten up at 7am to get out biking again. One thing I can say about these early morning bike rides is that bed time is no problem. One more thing - Craig's team won their football game - Ya Craig!

2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

Looks like you made out great with your school shopping - the hat looks awesome on you Sterling and WOW to your shoes Kaeden. Good bargain hunters.

Way to go Craig!!

BIG HUGS TO ALL!

Denis & Irene said...

The jacket looks great on you Sterling, but get rid of the girls. Good veto folks. The boots are great Kaedo, you are sooo metro.

I'm glad I'm not doing the boring stuff like back to school shopping as I love Christmas shopping and I got started today as I awaited my prescriptions at Costco. I had an allergic reaction to some eye drops I was prescribed and as the Dr. in Emergency said, "ooh this is very nasty". The drugs I have now are starting to work and the swelling is down quite a bit. I looked like I had golf balls instead of eyes the last two mornings. I went to walk in yesterday and he told me to put cortisone cream on the swelling, not successful, so today I went to the hospital. Got there at 7.45 was home by 8.20. No complaints here about our medicare.

Love to all