Thursday 26 August 2010

Sleepless in....


It is way past the time that I should be asleep. The men in my life are all in dream land and I am wide awake. Working day shift today and then we'll be off to pick up Sterling's new bike tonight. He is so excited! A BMX bike! He has picked out a pretty cool one - a Diamondback Viper - and is excited to be up bright and early Friday morning at the skate/bike park with his buddy and Kaedo. He can't wait to try it out. The above is a picture of the bike Sterling got from mom and dad for his 8th birthday. I can't believe that is almost 5 years ago. Now he's into BMXing and jumps, table tops, bowls, 180's and all these other things I have no idea about. Thank you to mom and dad and Stan and Shirley for going in with us to buy him a bike. It sort of sucks having your birthday in the winter when you like to bike. So thanks for the early present. I'll post pictures and video this weekend. Can you believe in a few short months he will be 13? OMG!


2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

You're welcome for the early b'day money for his bike - great that he knows what he wants and if he can use it before his b'day - GREAT! Looking forward to seeing pictures of the new bike and NO when people ask how old our oldest grandson is and I go to tell them, I really have to stop when I say 13 - a TEENAGER! Hang in there you two - it only gets better and better!

BIG HUGS TO ALL!

Denis & Irene said...

That's another great photo from the archives. Do those boys ever take a bad photo??

You're very welcome for the birthday money. Now that that's out of the way I can start Xmas shopping. I found one gift they'll both enjoy when I was out today. I'm just getting a couple of little things for under the tree as I know CASH is what counts when you're a teen or tween. I would like to have everything done so I can bring it all in October. That's really not so far away.

Another hot day today but it's supposed to get cooler for the weekend. Hope it's nice and warm for the Master's in Calgary on the 8-12 of Sept. It was really warm last year so we're hoping for the same, but we will bring our ski jackets just in case.

Tomorrow we're hoping Emma passes her swimming lessons so that she can go to the next level. Saturday off to Calgary for the day.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Love to all