Wednesday 25 August 2010

I took this picture back in August of 2004 and the series is still one of my favorites. I love sunsets and the peacefulness of them. I guess what it comes down to is that after months of not feeling peaceful - feeling restless, anxious, overwhelmed, sad, excited, depressed, exasperated, and all those other feelings that have gone through me, I am finally feeling some peace.
Today I got my new job. In about 4 weeks I will once again start working at home and will be more available to my family and be happier in my life. After living a crazy schedule for the past 16 months, working different shifts every day, never having two days off in a row, I will finally get a chance to be at home, working full time at a job I LOVE, take my kids to school, pick them up from school, leave my office at 7pm and be sitting down talking with my family about their day at 7:01pm. It is magical to think that all my hard work, my husband's patience, my children's unrelenting optimism is finally coming together. I will be signing on to do this for two years - quite a commitment, but I am committed to being more available to my family, to taking better care of myself, to sharing in the rituals that come with school and activities and kissing beautiful boys goodnight and having 2 DAYS OFF IN A ROW!
We still have so much going on and there is a lot to do in the next few weeks, but we can do it. We are hoping by November 1 everything in our lives will be settled. That is the goal. Who knows if it will come true. It is Craig's turn now to do the waiting game. As he has been for me, I am behind him 100% while he finishes this chapter in his career and starts a new one.

Thanks everyone, for everything.


2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

What a beautiful picture Shannon. My favorite sunset picture that we have is the one I took while we were in Hawaii - I got it blown up to a LARGE size while I worked at the Comp and I still have it hanging up and love it everytime I took at it. So glad that everything worked out for you yesterday and we wish you all the best with your new job!!! Four weeks will go by very quickly and before you know it, you'll be at home. The two years will also fly by.

The sun is shining here today with quite abit of wind but Stan is off to a golf game with his friend Ed Parkin. Hope they have a good one. We were going to go golfing for my birthday on Monday but weather didn't cooperate so Stan's going to book a game for tomorrow - it's supposed to be a beautiful day tomorrow. We went last Thursday and had a beautiful day so hope Thursdays keep on being a good day to golf.

I've been off to Curves this morning and just got home. I'll get ready to go meet my sisters and mom for our day together. We haven't all been together for some time - seems like one or the other have been away over the summer.

Talk to you later Shannon - hope everything goes well for you with your inspection!!

BIG HUGS TO ALL!

Denis & Irene said...

Gorgeous! I took some sunset photos in the Florida Keys but there was no cloud and I was very disappointed in them. It is supposed to be a wonderful sunset there, but definitely nowhere close to the one you posted.

Didn't get to Lethbridge for all our appointments today, very disappointed. I've been sick since Sunday and decided to go to walk-in this morning. Hope the pills work fast as I hate being unwell.

The weather was beautiful today and we expect more for tomorrow. That should make it to three days of good weather this summer, but whose counting.

Love to all