Friday 30 November 2007

It's a ...boy?

Hi All -
for those of you that don't know, the parental units bought a new house. It totally kicks. They have sent the boys' pictures of their new rooms and they are very excited to go visit. Sterling was assured that Baba was keeping his dremel as they have much more space now. I look forward to visiting. Now all they have to do is buy some flowers.

Stay tuned tomorrow for an update on our first ever Advent calendar. Tonight we are sitting down and watching some of the old Christmas shows we used to watch on TV as kids. Laura has kindly loaned them to us. Thank you, my friend - as you would say!

Gotta go - can smell burning wood - Sterling is using his dremel.

talk later,

s

3 comments:

Denis & Irene said...

I'm retired so my mind is very slow. What's with the flowers? Don't get that? Help, please

Denis & Irene said...

I just got it.

GrmpaGrmma said...

Your new home looks beautiful Denis & Irene - congratulations!!

I'm sure the boys are so excited about your advent calendar. I was telling some of my friends how smart my daughter-in-law was making her own advent calendar and they think you should consider making them to sell!! Hope you have fun tonight watching some Christmas movies and putting your tree up (I read the e-mail and I think you mentioned Sunday maybe the day).

Hope everything was under control re: burning smell!

I don't know when things are going to quite around here. Yesterday I thought I'd be organized and get my supper in the oven early. Right after lunch, I put a roaster in the oven and turned it to 250. I went to the sink to start lunch dishes and heard this "pssstttt" and said what was that! Stan came into the kitchen and said something is burning in the oven!! Our element bit the dust. Stan took it out, called Anderson Appliance and they had one in stock, went down and got it, put the new one in and I got supper cooked in time. Hope this is it - July our hot water heater went - $800, August car trouble - $500, November furnace problems - $5000 - thank goodness the element was only $35! Guess we'll be staying in the house for a few more years.

Stan's off to the hockey game tonight and Linda gave me a tape of Desperate Housewives that I missed on Sunday, so I'll get caught up what's going on before this Sunday's episode.

Tomorrow we're off to Caronport to a Christmas Program which is supposed to be very good. We've never been, so am looking forward to going to it.

Talk to you Sunday. HUGS TO ALL!!