Saturday 10 November 2007

Let's Get This Party Started!

Happy Saturday!

t- 21 hours

We are almost ready and you know me, I am obsessively organized. The lists have been made and everything is lined up, ready to go. I just thought I would post a few pictures of some of the stuff we are doing for the party. I won't be able to post pictures of the party here as I wouldn't want someone posting pictures of my kids on their blog. I am sure you are sick of hearing about this but I am so EXCITED! that I just have to share some of the cool things we have thought up:

Each kid gets a t-shirt (yellow, orange, blue, green or grey - Andreyana gets pink). They will pull them out of a bag so they don't know what color they will get. They will then each get a canteen with a piece of card stock on it with their shirt color. They will also each get a torch that they will create a tag for so that we know whose is whose. The brown bags each have their color stapled to them and inside are puzzle pieces that the kids will have to put together without the box (first challenge). In the back next to the Tupperware bowls are Lego Racers that they will have to build and race. There is also a word search that has all their names in it and some survivor words.

Craig found the logo and altered it to Sterling's specifications. I think he did a great job. I printed the logo out on transfer paper and ironed it on to each shirt.

Isn't the cake amazing? They did a fabulous job and Sterling just loves it!

We are finishing it up with McDonald's gift cards for each of the kids as their loot bags. I didn't want to spend all that money and time picking out dollar store items for loot bags when I know for myself that I just pitch those things anyway. The GC all kids can use.

One last thing - I HARDLY slept last night I was thinking about the party so much and I still have another night left. Yeesh, I'm worse than my 10 year old.

Wish us luck - we might just need it!

s

PS - mom - Sterling started off slow but ended high in bowling. Easily discouraged but rallied back. Today was "Beat my Coach" day and he did, so he has another badge to add to his shirt. He also got his name announced today for a high score last week. He loved that!

3 comments:

Denis & Irene said...

Congratulations, Sterling. I thought of you and wished I was there watching. You are a good bowler and we're so proud that you got your name called.

The party preparations look wonderful. There really is a bonus to being obsessively organized, I think. Truly, if you're not organized, things just don't go smoothly. I bet all the kids will have a great time and it will be all because of the thought and work that went into making it such a special day. The cake is wonderful and Sterling will have great memories all his life about the wonderful parties you've given him. I know this is his last big one so it will mean something extra special. You both rock when it comes to those two wonderful medium boys. We miss them so much.

Have a wonderful Birthday party, we'll call tonight as we're moving on today. Don't know where we'll be, somewhere in Mississippi.

Love to all

GrmpaGrmma said...

WOW!!! You guys are fantastic! Your kids will remember their b'day parties for many years. Craig - yours weren't near as thrilling as what you've done for your boys. We had too many family members around to do much more. Always lots of people around to help you celebrate but not near as exciting as you two have made it for Sterling & Kaeden. Hope your day went great which I'm sure it did. Hope we get to hear from you and all that happened. The Logo turned out great and the cake is amazing! The McDonald GC were a good idea for the loot bags because what a fun place to go for them.

Sounds like you're doing great with your bowling Sterling!! Keep up the good work. I think your dad has a "Beat Your Coach" crest on his shirt as well. HAVE FUN!!!

We just got home from playing wallyball - lots of fun and good excerise. Went for coffee after and had to make it home in time to watch the Roughriders game - YEH!!! We'll have a quick supper and then we're going to the Bronco hockey game. I got a ticket from Hank & Jewel's son-in-law who is away this weekend.

BIG HUGS TO ALL!

KPJC said...

Everything looks great. You really know how to set the bar high for us new parents. I know that everyone is going to have a great time. You guys are too creative for us - are you sure we are related??

Happy pre-birthday Sterling. Hope you had a great Survivor party with your friends. And as for your bowling - I can already tell you are going to be a great multi-sport ahlete (you can excel at anything you try). We will call you on your birthday, unfortunately Jacob will not be able to wish you a happy birthday as he is at his Gpa and Gma Kuntz's for this week. But I am sure that he is wishing he could be a part of your celebration.

Good work everyone - now rest up because Christmas is coming.

K