Saturday 17 November 2007

it's all over but the dishes

What an AWESOME night! The food was great, the company was better. Speaking for Craig and I, we had just a fantastic time. You know when your meal just turns out perfect and everything runs smoothly and the kids get along and you don't run out of anything to say? That was our night.
Laura - I know you read this - thanks!
As I mentioned in a previous post, this was our first "dinner party". We will definitely do it again. I am so thankful to have such great friends. Who would have known that 4 years ago we would buy their house and become good friends. That only happens in the movies, doesn't it?

In other news - Sterling did great bowling today. He had fun, which is the most important and kept up with his average. He also got his 125 badge. I know what I'll be doing this week.
Craig played football this morning. His what we think is a fractured hand is bothering him - no duh! He doesn't want to do anything about it in the fear he may have to stop playing football. He says he'll wait until after the season. Interestingly enough he told me just today that he was going directly into winter ball when the season ends. Shirley, just so you don't freak out...he has had an ultrasound and an x-ray.
Tomorrow is swimming lessons and then Craig and Kaedo are going to the bank's holiday celebration at the Exhibition. Sterling and I are gonna "hang" and play Pass the Pigs while listening to the shitty music on his PSP. Ahhhh, what you do for your children. Not only do I listen to that crap and pretend to be interested when he shows me this "really cool thing" on his game, he also kicks my ass at Pass the Pigs. Yeesh
Well, trying to think up a quiz, Kelly. Since you are the only one who commented (hmmmm) I will get working on it.
Cheryl - did Scott get his Mail?

Talk soon,
s

1 comment:

GrmpaGrmma said...

Here I go again!!! I typed up a nice long note to you before Hank & Jewel came to watch football game and have supper with us and I guess I FORGOT!!! to send it - YIKES - this is getting pretty bad. Sorry I missed your call Craig - hopefully we can connect tomorrow night. We've had a busy weekend - our church had a garage sale on Friday and Saturday and I helped both days. Dad helped on Friday till it was time to go to the Bronco game and on Saturday came back in time to help clean up and pack stuff away. Then we went to a play at the Bentley where Uncle Ike lives - it was called The Doll Monologues. It turned out to be better than what I was expecting so that was okay. This morning we went to church, lunch with Robert and Barb, home to watch 2 football games - YEH SASKATCHEWAN ROUGHRIDERS!!! and then Jewel and I went to a Christmas concert at a church and Hank & dad went to Bronco game. I got home about 3/4 of an hour ago and tidied up the rest of the supper stuff and came in here to check e-mails etc. and noticed my note didn't go through.

Sterling sounds like you did great in bowling - keep it up and have fun!! Your t-shirt is going to be sooooo full of badges before you know it.

Sounds like your dinner party went well as we knew it would - you are a great cook Shannon and are both great host & hostess for a fun evening.

Well, hope this one goes through okay and we'll chat tomorrow night if it works out for you guys. BIG HUGS TO ALL!