Monday 5 November 2007

blue

Hello All -
Sad couple of days here. Jessica and Em left yesterday afternoon and mom and dad left today. Kaedo cried a lot last night and I followed him by bawling this afternoon. We have truly had a wonderful time visiting with everyone. It is so easy to get used to having people here. Mom and dad were so awesome during their stay. They were so involved in helping us and it was so easy to bring them into our everyday lives without feeling like we had to entertain them. We are truly blessed to have the parents we have - both sets! Mom and dad took the boys to school, picked them up from school, took to activities and worked around the house. Dad and Craig installed a garburator for us - thanks guys!, it totally rocks! Mom made the meals and did the laundry. What did I do? I just enjoyed being pampered. It was so good. The boys loved it and I think it will take them a few days to get back into real life. They were both surprised and disappointed that amma and baba weren't at school to pick them up. They said goodbye last night but I think they were holding out hope today.
Jessica - where do I start? She blew in like a whirlwind with her little mini-me and brought a breath of fresh air. She had big plans of painting and she didn't fail. She "renovated" our kitchen and worked her butt off getting it all done before she left. Her and dad installed new light fixtures in both the kitchen and dining room, and the front hall was repainted and new "art" hanging on the walls. It was the most wonderful of Christmas presents. Jessica and I spent a day shopping and an evening at the movies (where we bawled) and supper at Jack Astor's (where we laughed). So much fun. Emma - well, what can I say? She is adorable and sweet and I think she gives her mom a run for her money. She loved being with the boys and called their names continually. Her and Kaedo have a love hate relationship. She loves to hit him and he hates it. Next year she won't be so small and I will give him permission to hit back. She loves me. It is so hard when you don't see her for months at a time, but she knew me and was absolutely darling. She calls Craig "auntie Craig", and me "Anti". I love what she calls Craig - we all do. Even he doesn't mind. We have always believed that whatever they call us is fine. I hope she always calls him that. It is so sweet.
Back to the quiet now. It will be hard for the next couple of days, getting used to being on my own again. I hope to see everyone again in April, but if not I will see mom and dad in August when they bring the boys back home. It is going to be a long time. I guess that's what happens.

Anyway -I'm sure you have read enough now, if you have even read this far. Hope your week finds you well, and be sure to kiss your family. They are the only ones you've got. Whether you like it or not.

talk soon,
s

ps = will post pictures of my beautiful new kitchen tomorrow.

1 comment:

Denis & Irene said...

We're blue too. We had a wonderful time and so enjoyed helping out. It is what we do so that our visits don't become a chore to you. It was so great having all our family around us. It is still a little lonely without the noise of three monsters running around. Your new decor looks wonderful and we know you're going to enjoy it. Jessica really is a whirlwind once she gets going, isn't she? It makes me tired just looking at her. She just goes until it's done and then kicks back. Wonderful way to be. This is the first library we've come across since leaving you so I'm going to send the boys some photos of the Corvette museum. We only use our air card for banking so we need a library for e-mail. The air card is to costly to use in the US.

We will be in Memphis tomorrow night, we are currently in Bowling Green, Kentucky. Had a wonderful day but must hurry back to the motorhome before they impound it. It's parked in a lot that closes at 5.

Love to all