Tuesday 27 November 2007

Ta Dah!



This is my take on the Advent Calendar. I saw it on another blog and have made it to suit us. I love it! They are jewellery boxes that have been decorated and I have used a magnet to stick them to the fridge. I plan to put little clues in each box so the boys can search out their treat. I think it will be fun. We have never had an advent calendar before, as Sterling can't have the store bought ones, so this is the year! Better late than never. I am trying to create opportunities for memories that will last throughout their lives. I hope this is one of them.
What kind of traditions do you have? Let me know. I'm always looking to scoop someone else's idea.
talk later,
s

4 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

Your Advent Calendar turned out fantastic!!! I'm positive the boys will have fun checking out the clues for their treats.

It's blowing & snowing here this morning and the snow is staying on the sidewalks. Stan says he'll have to get out to clean them off but I'm sure it will be more than once today.

It's 11:15 a.m. and I just got a call from Nicole to see if I could look after Sydney and Talon this afternoon for 3 hours - Amanda is sick and they need someone to fill in from 12:00 - 3:00 p.m. Uncle Stan will play with Sydney - cars and dominoes and Talon will be mine to look after. Got to get some lunch on the go before they get here - have a great day! BIG HUGS TO ALL!

Denis & Irene said...

How awesome. We just love it. The talent never ceases to amaze me. I bet the boys will have a ball looking for their treats. You never need to worry about them having good memories, they have tons and more to spare. Good for you guys.

We started our home transferring today. What a job! I said I'd send photos Shannon but it won't be today. It is 7 pm and we are exhausted. Tomorrow we'll take them and then move the new motorhome into storage. We'll be using paper plates and plastic utensils for the trip home. It's good that we are eating in the old one tonight as I had no lighter for the stove and dad wanted real utensils. We'll get to see how much we have to bring back over for the trip home. We are very happy with our new purchase but like anything else, it takes time to know where you want things to go. I'm sure we'll do a few switcheroos before we're completely satisfied. I caught Dad sneaking unnecessary tools aboard, don't know what to do about that man.

Love to all

Denis & Irene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Denis & Irene said...

These deleted comments are due to the fact that I'm having some computer difficulties and everything is printing twice. It won't accept the first comment and then tells me to try again. When I do, it publishes both.