Sunday 6 May 2012

Rude

OK, I'll admit it - I hate rude people. They just bug me. The reason I'm thinking about rude people is due to the awful rude neighbors we have across the street. I will admit that up until last weekend we have had no problem with them. They have quietly lived their lives as we have done the same. In fact, in 8 years I don't think I have ever even said hi to them. Part of that is because I have no reason to and the other part is that they scare me to death - or at least the people they are associated with. Rumors run rampant in the neighborhood about the biker gang they are affiliated with and how the brother is a drug dealer. Yikes! So now we come to last weekend - all of the sudden cars are flooding our neighborhood, the kids can't even play on the street. There are 30 of them or so all over their property, sitting in clumps, boisterously talking to each other, eating pizza, drinking beer. It was so loud and their motorbikes were zooming up and down the street and people were crying and cars were being worked on. It was like a hillbilly hoedown. Craig and I were out front working in the yard and I kept telling the kids to go to the park and stay off the street. Finally Sunday afternoon they got the hell out of here. We had hoped we had seen the last of them. The word on the street was that either someone was going to prison, was coming out of prison, or had been killed in prison. Alas, lo and behold yesterday was another special day and they showed up with beers in hand, motorcycles roaring, and the worst music ever blaring. They spent the afternoon making me wish I had earplugs, as even with the door closed I could still hear the same three Irish Folk songs one of those dumb schmucks had been able to record on his MP3 player repeat over and over. They kept coming, like ants to a picnic. The only difference was this time they were all dressed up. If that's what you call a t-shirt, tie and biker boots. I must say there is something sexy about a woman in hooker heels and a band-aid sized skirt hefting a 24 pack of beer. Wonder what the occasion was. Was the neighborhood right??? About 7pm the music was shut down. Probably the MP3 owner had to check in with his parole officer. If it was a wake you'd think they'd find a hall or something. Who knows. I just hope this isn't a sign of what the Summer will bring.

No comments: