Friday 28 October 2011

Party time

Sterling and N have been friends since virtually the day we moved here. They have remained friends while being in different schools, moves and different classes in the same school. Yesterday he turned 13 and today Sterling is going to his place for a party. Things sure have changed since I was 13. They plan to take their bikes and go biking and practicing their mad skillz and are to bring their computers along so they can do some GFXing - whatever the hell that is. I applaud Ns mom for having three smelly boys eating her out of house and home for the evening. I remember when I was 13 and 14 and was having sleepovers and dances. Sterling is super excited. Oh well, what do I know - I never was a 13 year old boy. I guess I have to just be happy they haven't asked to go on a triple date with some girls to the movies. I really don't want to sit in the back of the theater, hunched down in a floppy hat for two hours making sure they don't touch each other. You know, girl cooties and all. I hear they're a bitch to get rid of.

1 comment:

Denis & Irene said...

Ha Ha! The worry has started. Sterling told us he wasn't ready for girls - yet! We laughed as he has such wonderful timing, he should be a standup comic. Have a wonderful time at the party. Kaeden, we hope soccer practice goes well.

Cool here this morning but the day is beautiful between 11-5 and today should be no different.

Jan and Rod coming for supper tonight and tomorrow we've reserved a handi-bus so that we can take mom out. The day is supposed to be very nice.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

Love to all